Demons Age - Testers Wanted, Video and Screenshots

Just strange not to "Windows PC" on the tag line. I know I buy all my games now in some form of digital download from GOG or Steam.

As for the XBOX1 and PS4, I did play on my oldest PS4 a a bit of the TW3 and it ran very nicely. I am sure with the 5th gen consoles gaming PC's will be lest need if what I have read on the new play station is correct(release date 2018) I do believe.
Maybe because Steam has Steamplay which says the game you buy you can use on Windows, Mac or Linux without needing to buy it 3 times. So maybe these guys actually are saying this is for Windows, Mac and Linux? :D

Last edited:
The screen shots seems a little reminiscent of Chaos Chronicles. Any relation, I wonder?

The screen shots seems a little reminiscent of Chaos Chronicles. Any relation, I wonder?

Other people noticed this too, including the former Chaos Chronicles lead, who is now working on SpellForce 3 with his new studio.
Nothing is certain, but the most probable answer is that they bought a bunch of CC assets when bitComposer went bankrupt. That is indeed a cost effective solution if the legal stuff holds up. The liquidator will sell to the highest bidder, and there are usually only few or no bidders for incomplete games. So if they bought the whole thing except the brand and use, say, the graphics engine, the freeware D&D clone implementation and 2000 graphics assets, it brings down their development costs drastically. It makes even more sense if you take into consideration that they're specialized in conversions to other platforms, meaning they have to handle other people's assets all the time.

I would love to do this, but I just started a Project: Gorgon Let's Play and I want it to be very active during their Kickstarter phase. So, I'll have to pass.

I will give this one a spin a bit further down the line. To those who do decide to test the game, make sure you tell them that RPG gamers like numbers to crunch and stats, attributes and dice-rolls to toy with. =)

Other people noticed this too, including the former Chaos Chronicles lead, who is now working on SpellForce 3 with his new studio.
Nothing is certain, but the most probable answer is that they bought a bunch of CC assets when bitComposer went bankrupt. That is indeed a cost effective solution if the legal stuff holds up. The liquidator will sell to the highest bidder, and there are usually only few or no bidders for incomplete games. So if they bought the whole thing except the brand and use, say, the graphics engine, the freeware D&D clone implementation and 2000 graphics assets, it brings down their development costs drastically. It makes even more sense if you take into consideration that they're specialized in conversions to other platforms, meaning they have to handle other people's assets all the time.
It is more than that. It is turn based and seems to be using D&D OGL. You can see the combat log in some screenshots and game rolls d20s and fireball does 5d6 damage.

What's the ruckus (over at the Codex) all about? I have never heard of Chaos Chronicles before, but apparently it is/was bad. So are the new devs trying to finish a bad game or are they only using the assets to build something new? I'm confused…

Nonetheless I like what I see on the screenies. The backgrounds and char model look really nice. I already want to play it.

CC was never finished because developer and publisher had a dirty divorce. So it's technically impossible that it was "bad" because it was never released.

This seems like the case with Armallion an old school RPG which died at the latest stages of its development, later its assets was resurrected with Sacred. Now Sacred was an enjoyable action RPG. But one wonders what would be if Armallion were released.

What's the ruckus (over at the Codex) all about? I have never heard of Chaos Chronicles before, but apparently it is/was bad. So are the new devs trying to finish a bad game or are they only using the assets to build something new? I'm confused…

Nonetheless I like what I see on the screenies. The backgrounds and char model look really nice. I already want to play it.

The game was very very promising, but devs and producers got into a war and it was never finished. Then devs owned part of the project and producers other part and now it seems producer's part got sold to these devs/company that is making Demons Age

Just strange not to "Windows PC" on the tag line. I know I buy all my games now in some form of digital download from GOG or Steam.

As for the XBOX1 and PS4, I did play on my oldest PS4 a a bit of the TW3 and it ran very nicely. I am sure with the 5th gen consoles gaming PC's will be lest need if what I have read on the new play station is correct(release date 2018) I do believe.
This. I can't remember the last physical game copy that I got that wasn't just a glorified steam key, although I REALLY do like it when games still provide printed manuals and other goodies like the old days even if the game disk itself is optional, which is why the last several projects that I've backed have been at the physical good tiers.

I'd've maybe been interested but that time frame is a question mark for me, so won't. Not to mention that while I'll play isometric I'm not entirely a big fan of them being in a kinda blocky, building, crafting, first person mode for the last few years. Even timber&stone and stonehearth which are third person builders... kind of like dwarffortresslite(dflite).

Looks like a really interesting game, maybe Blackguards style? I'll definitely keep an eye on it. Unfortunately, I don't have time in that timeframe to offer an honest commitment to the testing.

Looking forward to see what becomes out of this project.

Publishers often pitch unfinished titles to third party developers. A project is scrapped, when the publisher is discontent with the original studio.

Chances are the new team will do a good enough job, lets hope!

I was really excited about Chaos Chronicles but I didn't notice the similarities. Really sad. Shadows Heretic Kingdoms is also suffering from Bit Composers problems.

First thing they can do is add an apostrophe to the title. Otherwise it reads as, "Hey, I'm sorry your demon is getting slower and weaker as he gets older, whaddayagonnado? Demons age."

I thought it might be a guessing game, where they show a bunch of female demons and you have to guess hottie, milf, or cougar :)

Honestly, I think your premise is more interesting.

The ones being selected are:
Basharran
Icefire
Gronolife
Crpgnut
Irien
Archangel

Yay. I just hope the system is based on 3.5e D&D like it seems to be or my feedback will be less useful since I don't have that much time to both try the game and learn all its system details.. who am I kidding, if the game is cool I LOVE learning all the little system details :D

Back
Top Bottom