|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Risen 3: Titan Lords - New Screenshots

Default Risen 3: Titan Lords - New Screenshots

May 27th, 2014, 19:45
Originally Posted by zahratustra View Post
That's just possible vurt. I played G1 and 2 and finished them both. To be honest I only tasted DS because I just couldn't navigate/fight with m&k and I wasn't prepared to buy PS controller for just one game.
I personally recommend that one give Dark Souls a decent attempt - there is a mouse fix that solves the mouse problems, and many have used it successfully (including myself):

http://steamcommunity.com/app/211420…0249121202471/

SpoonFULL

Keeper of the Watch

May 27th, 2014, 20:09
As another person who played gothic 1&2 and DS 1&2, the gothics were hard, especially 2 + notr but still not in the league of dark souls. IMO.

Thinking about both though makes me salivate at the thought of gothic 1 & 2 with dark souls combat.

sakichop

SasqWatch

May 27th, 2014, 20:44
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
As another person who played gothic 1&2 and DS 1&2, the gothics were hard, especially 2 + notr but still not in the league of dark souls. IMO.

Thinking about both though makes me salivate at the thought of gothic 1 & 2 with dark souls combat.
Yeah it really sets a new standard. I've always loved the combat in Gothic's, but DS is miles ahead. It's good that DS has been quite a success, we will undoubtedly see similar combat in other RPG's.

SiiiiLENCE the DISCOOOORD…

vurt

Serial Modderer

May 28th, 2014, 05:40
Argggh there still using those annoying animations for stuff like mining. I hated those time wasting animations in Gothic 3 and Risen(and all games that use them) its basically a load time for no reason. I understand immersion but just let me double click if that is the case(2nd click ends animation, or have an option to turn those off).

I do hope its not like Kingdoms of Amalur which was the ultimate "open world" corridor rpg. I know Gothic 3 was a mess(though pretty awesome now with community patch) but that would be so cool to see something of that scope again from someone other than Bethesda.

I am free because I choose to be so-me

Kefka

Watchdog

May 31st, 2014, 05:08
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
Here's a link to get you started.
Glad that this is useful.

If anyone had played Gothic 3 before the community patches and people figured out how to create good engine configurations with them, I would highly suggest trying it again with the way it can run today. It is like night and day compared to when it was originally released.

If you didn't like Gothic 3 because it just fundamentally is Not Gothic 2 or whatever, you probably still won't like it, but personally Gothic 3 is one of the games I most often go back to. I've never even managed to completely finish the game — the first time when it came out I played maybe a third of it but eventually got embroiled in fighting with the engine to fix the terrible things like the bad LOD without causing worse problems that eventually became too distracting to enjoy the game. But most of those problems are gone now, and I find myself endlessly just enjoying the entire world. And finding all kinds of ways to exploit the game systems.

hackbod

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Risen 3: Titan Lords - New Screenshots