King's Bounty: Dark Side - Preview @ Chalgyr

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Chalgyr took the time to write a new preview on his blog for King's Bounty: Dark Side.

King's Bounty is a hybrid strategy/RPG title that brings turn-based combat on a hexagon grid with a variety of role-playing hooks (experience, money, items that can be outfitted and a skill tree to customize your character's strengths) - basically checking all of the boxes I look for in a title like this. King's Bounty has always had a few unique tricks up its sleeve, usually wrapped up in bright, pleasant graphics and one of my favorite soundtracks to a game to date. This latest iteration turns the story around. Instead of being a paladin or wizard looking to protect the human race from vile orcs and demons, you are in fact the leader of the different orcish, demonic and vampiric hordes. The end result is a fun, deep game that never takes itself too seriously and is absolutely worth playing.
More information.

Excellent, I'm looking forward to this. :)

Daniel.

Thanks for posting this. I read it but I find that 90% article is just explaining King's Bounty (the series) to people who've never played it, but very little Dark Side specific info.

I'm still on the fence, I mean I liked the first two games, but the 3rd one felt too much like more of the same, so I'm wondering if this new one has enough differences to not feel like I'm playing the same game all over again.

The third one WOTN really sucked. I just replayed it with the ice/fire expansion and I still think it sucked. However, i've been following the steam forum for dark side for over a month and it seems extremely positive (esp given people prone to whine); so I just purchased it this weekend (gmg voucher for a couple of dollars off). Will play it soon as I finish D:OS - so maybe in a week or so. I really liked the first one best (the second one has improved mechanics I think but the island hoping wasn't to my taste; the first one has imho a much better layout/maps).
-
This is not an endorsement for dark side because I haven't played yet....

The third one WOTN really sucked. I just replayed it with the ice/fire expansion and I still think it sucked. However, i've been following the steam forum for dark side for over a month and it seems extremely positive (esp given people prone to whine); so I just purchased it this weekend (gmg voucher for a couple of dollars off). Will play it soon as I finish D:OS - so maybe in a week or so. I really liked the first one best (the second one has improved mechanics I think but the island hoping wasn't to my taste; the first one has imho a much better layout/maps).
-
This is not an endorsement for dark side because I haven't played yet….

Let us know once you've tried it. I really liked the first and second installments, but WOTN felt like a chore halfway through which made abandon it the first time. I played it through 'til the end a couple fo months ago with the expansion though, but I had to force myself to do so. (I don't like having unfinished games...)

Back
Top Bottom