Exp:Conq RPGWatch Feature: Expeditions: Conquistador - Review

Expeditions: Conquistador
So I just finished the campaign, and for the most part I will hold steady with my initial thoughts. It should also be noted that I figured out how to rotate the camera, both on the tactical map and also the world map. Helped quite a bit, as you might expect…

My only other comment about the game itself is that it would be nice to have a fast travel option. Running back and forth to the keep really got old when you can only see about 6 inches in any direction. Another option would be to allow movement using the world map, with auto-camp enabled.

On a historical note, I'm kind of curious as to why the game seemed to ignore the Yucatan Mayan cities like Cozumel, Tulum, Chichen Itza. I realize the Mayans were not featured here (Aztecs) and that their civ had pretty much collapsed by the conquistador period, but many were still significant cities in Mexico. And then to include Masaya (modern day Nicaragua, 1300 miles south of Tenochtitlan!) as this vast volcanic landscape… It's just weird that they had that in there but left other stuff out.

Anyway, fun game to muck around with between other titles and worth the $20.
I finished it a while ago, but I read in the last patch they added (or were about to add) not exactly fast travel, but you could click on the map and the group would auto walk there, among other things. Not sure if the patch is already out or not.

Maybe the sequel will do the Mayans :)

Nice!
Any new KS project those guys do, I'll back again.

The patch is out on Steam and Desura now. GamersGate and GOG will be a little behind as they have to build their own installers for it. You can read the changelog of the patch here: http://conquistadorthegame.com/free-content-update-available/

I was waiting for this to start second playthrough.
I assume(hope) that free content updates mean game game did well on market?
I agree with Joxer I am backing any future game, but I do hope game did well enough to finance any future project.

Great review of the game. Dead on accurate! If you act right now 7/21/2013, this game is on sale on Steam for $9.99! A real bargain bin gem!

Back
Top Bottom