Might & Magic X - Patch Vote

That was obvious but it took you quite long.

To end the spamming... the only one I would find potentially worthy of dev time is notes on the automap; but are the dungeons in MMX really long and confusing enough to make this necessary?

Also, a retro mode that does nothing except shite graphics seems very odd. Is everything with shite graphics retro? It would make a little more sense if they also disable the automap in that mode, add permadeath, etc. Still not something I'd use but hey.

To end the spamming… the only one I would find potentially worthy of dev time is notes on the automap; but are the dungeons in MMX really long and confusing enough to make this necessary?

Item comparison is pretty much a standard feature in rpg's. I think that option really should be implemented .

Some of you must have missed my last news post. They have fixed a bunch of bugs. It must be easier to complain, and moan than read their development page.:cool:

Also, a retro mode that does nothing except shite graphics seems very odd. Is everything with shite graphics retro? It would make a little more sense if they also disable the automap in that mode, add permadeath, etc. Still not something I'd use but hey.

So far 6% has voted for it, so it makes sense to somebody.

pibbur who won't use that feature, but who would welcome map notes.

Item comparison is pretty much a standard feature in rpg's. I think that option really should be implemented .

Map notes aren't exactly revolutionary either, it's another staple that you could simply expect.

Item comparison, for me, isn't necessary unless there really are tons of loot. It makes sense for ARPG's, but for a traditional RPG, it's not a big deal. I'd certainly prefer the ability to not get lost in dungeons, but as I said, I don't know if MMX is particularly punishing in that regard.

I think it should be fairly obvious that C and D are joke options that will only ever get added as programmer jokes during lunch-break. The real question they were asking was which "big feature" (map notes or item comparison) should be top priority for the next patch release, and which should be implemented later on. It pretty much goes without saying that both will be needed for the final release (next year, remember).

However, I have to admit that an option for "another sidequest+dungeon" would have got my vote, and probably many others ;)

I think it should be fairly obvious that C and D are joke options that will only ever get added as programmer jokes during lunch-break.

A fully fledged retro mode wouldn't really be a joke, it has been done before, in Etrian Odyssey IV for example.

Back
Top Bottom