What games are you playing now?

Really enjoying Plant's vs Zombies. Finished the first adventure series last night and defeated the evil Dr. Zomboss. It was nice to find out that instead of ending the game, it just opened up a whole lot of new options. I found the starfruit in pumpkinshell protectors to be kickass on the roof levels.

Thanks for talking the game up, Sir Markus. :)

I'm all about the Watermelons and Wallnuts/Tallnuts on the rooftop levels, they do some serious damage and have great protection.

I don't know why I love this game so much because I pretty much never play anything like this, but it's just one of those games with personality and it's just fun, and funny.

I was curious about that game, the reviews have definitely been a mixed bag though. I wish they would release a demo for it.

Which platform are you playing it on?

I'm avoiding learning much about it since I am supposedly getting a copy for a 'discussion review' with me on PC and the other guy on console.

Isn't it something like god of war and Devil may cry?

Isn't it something like god of war and Devil may cry?

Maybe, in a little way. Where it differs is in the freedom department. It's open-world and you can explore the whole of Manhattan. This video explains it better than I can. It's got some of the most fun stuff in the game. Be sure to watch it in HD. Might seem a bit mindless actiony, but it's no more mindless than Devil May Cry imo. Plus I like the story more than I did the one in DMC.

still playing Hidden and Dangerous, about halfway thru.

Baldur's Gate II as well, and tho I admittedly havent played it for very long - i kinda like pt 1's graphics better so far!

I'm all about the Watermelons and Wallnuts/Tallnuts on the rooftop levels, they do some serious damage and have great protection.

I don't know why I love this game so much because I pretty much never play anything like this, but it's just one of those games with personality and it's just fun, and funny.

I don't play a lot of casual games either, but there are some that really work--I liked all the Virtual Villagers games from Big Fish, and Puzzle Quest of course, but this is the first one I've played from PopCap. It's really got an incredible amount of strategy to it for a simple, inexpensive title.

The watermelons and Tallnuts are basics indeed--and your theory on more is better on the sunflowers is also spot on, but I also find when Crazy Dave screws up your world with his mandatory picks, it's amazing how you can use really unlikely combinations of stuff you would never pick and find new major players--I discovered the inherent wonders of the magnet-shroom last night on rooftop survival when the ladder zombies were killing me--and it's amazing what a simple garlic clove or spikeweed can do to save your rear.

I don't play a lot of casual games either, but there are some that really work--I liked all the Virtual Villagers games from Big Fish, and Puzzle Quest of course, but this is the first one I've played from PopCap. It's really got an incredible amount of strategy to it for a simple, inexpensive title.

The watermelons and Tallnuts are basics indeed--and your theory on more is better on the sunflowers is also spot on, but I also find when Crazy Dave screws up your world with his mandatory picks, it's amazing how you can use really unlikely combinations of stuff you would never pick and find new major players--I discovered the inherent wonders of the magnet-shroom last night on rooftop survival when the ladder zombies were killing me--and it's amazing what a simple garlic clove or spikeweed can do to save your rear.

Yes, I recall there was one 'rooftop' level where I don't think there was any way to solve it without the magnet shrooms, probably the one you're talking about. I restarted last night with a new game, they also come in handy for the football player zombie and pogo stick zombie, and became one of my favorite plants towards the end of the game.

I've been playing a handful of "find-the-hidden-object-n-puzzles" casual games that Mrs dte bought for herself but never played, in between daily returns to PvZ. One of the prime motivations was that I didn't need sound to play those, so they paired up well with listening to the hockey playoffs :)furious:) on internet radio. So far, those games have been uniformly disappointing. Perhaps I just got my fill of that genre, but none of them hold a hidden candle to Ravenhearst 1 & 2 (which I enjoyed a great deal).

I spent some time tonight noodling around in Soldier of Fortune 2 on the Mac ... still love that game!

Been playing a new mod for Medieval Total War II Kingdoms called "The Third Age"

It's a very well done complete overhaul of the game which turns it into a Lotr Middle Earth campaign. Good fun.

started up Jade Empire tonight. I think im gonna like this game

So far so good, I like the kung fu movie vibe of the whole thing. Kinda surprised that there's no jump, i was hoping for some impromptu wire-work here, but it doesnt look like it's in the cards.

So far so good, I like the kung fu movie vibe of the whole thing. Kinda surprised that there's no jump, i was hoping for some impromptu wire-work here, but it doesnt look like it's in the cards.

Yep, I had the same thought when I first started playing JE. I also thought it felt odd that you can't do anything with the camera other than rotate it left and right. It's far from being Bioware's best, but it's a fun, if short, crpg.

no independent camera rotation and no jumping has kinda bummed me out so far, kinda. No big deal in the overall scope if the rest of the game rocks, but I was hoping for some wire-fu leaping around n stuff

Last edited:
I was hoping for some wire-fu leaping around n stuff

No can do, you're glued to the ground! Well, actually, you *can* roll and jump around your enemy when you lock on them, but that's just to avoid attacks and stuff. Still, the ability to suddenly jump behind an enemy's back was a nice little addition, I kinda abused it on Jade Master mode, even though it didn't help that much, heh.

Jade Empire was a fun little game, I actually plan on replaying it (evil, so I can smash puppies and monkeys).

Playing loads of iPhone games for review, including Myst, Let's Golf, Asphalt 4, and in particular ... Peggle.

I there a demo of JE because I can't seem to find one

that is a pity, I hate buying a game without trying it first, especially if I don't know if I will like it or not, even if it is cheap

I began JE a while ago, and I liked at least the beginning, it's very dialogue-heavy for me, which I like.

Others might see it differently.

Yesterday I installed a cheaply bought budget version of ZEUS, the seller claimed it was runnable without a CD having constantly in the drive.

I was very doubtful, but in fact he was right ! I found out. Now I'm very, very happy. :)

... Which leads me to the question whether in general official budget versions of Impression Games are without CD checks ?

Back
Top Bottom