Inquisitor - Released on GoG

I'm really contemplating getting this, but I have such a huge backlog already. Maybe I'll wait for a sale...
It does like my kind of game. :)

Geez, I never thought I'd be reading messages on here from a bunch of whiny little…. pussies?!! Wtf..

It's a video game… I bet your sitting there absorbing the violence on tv everyday, but nooooooooooo Can't have torture in my 2d isometic video game.. heaven's no,…

Cmon, get a grip.

Totally with you on that one.

Hey! That video is interesting. I see on the guy's character creation that there were some tomes of magic that he couldn't chose like "pagan magic" and "heretic magic".

Does that mean you can go down a different path and become an evil priest? I couldn't see an agent of the church using pagan magic.

Looks pretty interesting from that video.

How is the difficulty?

I haven'tplayed yet; still getting my rig in proper running order. But, the reviews of GOG, even from folks who say they like hard games, suggest doingyour first play-through on the easy difficulty, which they say is still quite hard. People are calling it truly old school in its difficulty.

I'm currently nearly level 15 and still haven't had to torture anyone. I'm playing on easy so I can finish quickly and write a review. Most of you guys will prefer a higher level of challenge.

Hey! That video is interesting. I see on the guy's character creation that there were some tomes of magic that he couldn't chose like "pagan magic" and "heretic magic".

Does that mean you can go down a different path and become an evil priest? I couldn't see an agent of the church using pagan magic.

Looks pretty interesting from that video.

redman5427, yes. You can go down the evil road and become an evil priest. There are some forbidden books you can learn.
Interestingly, I was provided a bunch of stuff when I preordered the game. It's very good material and well worth taking some time and reading it. I recommend you take a look at this material. I'll upload it for those who want to delve into it.

Goodies - Includes the magic books (with the forbidden and the allowed, all very well explained), Manual, Revelation of Ezekiel, a novel, armor and weapons descriptions and the Codex Inquisitorum (Code of conduct for Inquisitors):

http://www.4shared.com/zip/UiGWhkyg/Inquisitor_Goodies.html

Art Book - A little extra (very well done by the way):

http://www.4shared.com/zip/0GiU0ENr/Inquisitor_Art_Book.html

The soundtrack is pretty good too:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/UwQR0WMX/Inquisitor_Soundtrack.html

All in all I can clearly see much effort has been put in this.

xSamhainx:
From what I've seen even the easiest setting is pretty hardcore, so I guess normal difficulty would equal very hard in modern terms.

Ok thanks for the speedy answer-it looks like my kind of game also.
Ordered and downloading now

I'm currently nearly level 15 and still haven't had to torture anyone. I'm playing on easy so I can finish quickly and write a review. Most of you guys will prefer a higher level of challenge.

Cant wait for that review :)

Dunno, I've stumbled upon a certain enemy in the cemetary dungeons who is too hard to kill that early (I'm level 6). It's possible that by killing him undead respawns will stop, but can't be sure. I'll play the game more, hopefully there is something you can do to stop the respawning of any kind of enemies.
You cannot kill the 'former' bishop with brute force, you have to shatter his black heart ... but he's not waring it anymore, it's hidden in a secret place ; - )

I'm currently at level 11 and found out that one of the priests in town was a vampire or something like that. When confronted he just started hitting on me ... had to kill him.

On the whole 'Inquisition' thing ... I'm going to accuse someone very shortly, just to see what happens... So far it seems you don't need to follow the Inquisition paht anyhow, but you need to make your own decisions, very 'Witcher' like. The monsters may not be the only evil ones around ; - )

How is the difficulty?

I'm playing on 'normal' and struggling… Fortunately i picked up a meatshield for my priest so I have managed to hang on. Level 10 now, but still don't feel very powerful. And the bloody meatshield just sucks my potions down - I can;t afford to keep supporting his habit ;-) You can turn off potion use, but they he;d be dead and I'd be in trouble..so I have to run around trying to scrounge enough gold to keep him in potions. sigh.

@anyone: can you adjust the difficulty down/up at any point? Also, enough with the endless respawning! Please tell me there's a mod to disable this…without mana/health that regenerates quickly this makes life far harder than it needs to be.

Just to say that I stopped playing the game. While the story is really intriguing, the respawns someone claimed are very rare, are happening not that rare in my game but almost everywhere and I am too frustrated by it.
I'll wait for the patch/mod that'll stop respawns completely or will leave the game shelved on my GOG acc for good. Sorry.

Just to say that I stopped playing the game. While the story is really intriguing, the respawns someone claimed are very rare, are happening not that rare in my game but almost everywhere and I am too frustrated by it.
I'll wait for the patch/mod that'll stop respawns completely or will leave the game shelved on my GOG acc for good. Sorry.

Hmm that sucks. Just started the game, hope the respawning aint that bad otherwise i will stop too. Respawning in games is stupid.

How the hell can I see and cast my spells with the priest? Do I have to get some books for them or skills? I just started the game btw.

Drag-and-drop the the required spell, seal, skill etc' etc' into the backbone quick-slots on the right side of the screen, select the number from 1 to 10 which will then show highlighted and ready to use by clicking the right mouse button.

It's not that bad. Joxer is just allergic to spawning of any kind. :)

Oh ok. Well then, thats good news ;)

by the way; wish i know how to change the keys assigns…
anyone an idea?

Playing as a thief, but have to say, stamine is flying away sadly.

Back
Top Bottom