Drakensang:RoT patches

gracey

Traveler
Hi

I recently obtained the English version of the game on CD. I think there's a patch available for it and I read somewhere about an optional texture pack. Can only seem to find a German patch for the game though. Could someone direct me to the relevant patch(es) for the English version..?

Many thanks for any help.

AFAIK the texturepack is only for Darkensang 1.

I doubt that there is a english patch. Maybe Alrik or Ergonpandilus can confirm this.

I think the bugfixes from the patches are already included in the english release.

AFAIK the texturepack is only for Darkensang 1.

I doubt that there is a english patch. Maybe Alrik or Ergonpandilus can confirm this.

I think the bugfixes from the patches are already included in the english release.

Thanks Fenris.

Aye, that thought had occurred to me after my post, it makes sense that any patches would have been incorporated into the English version.

Thanks for your speedy reply....

Thanks guys - did the add-on for Drakensang 2 ever get released in English btw..?

It's also released somewhere in Spanish - and I think I remember rumors of it being in French, too, but I don't quite remember this anymore.
Spanish, I'm certain about that, it even was a newsbit here.

The plot might be very complicated for those who are not familiar with Aventurian history - but for insiders, the history is fascinating (apart from the overall design of the game).

I don't know. I'm probably weird but I actually liked how the add-on seamlessly integrated with the main game like an add-in. I also really liked this new oriental-style world (Tie'Shianna) as a welcome change of scenery from fantasy land. I don't think I've finished the expansion content yet. I'm at the point where -very minor spoiler alert- ...
you get teleported back to the customs stronghold
... but so far so good. Tie'Shianna has been a fun and very visually pleasing distraction for now.

All in all I believe that if you can get your hands on the River of Time with Phileasson's Saga included (like a Gold bundle) then by all means get the whole package. I wouldn't call the add-on content exceptionally bad. It may be relatively bad if you have to pay an extra $20 just for the add-on but if you can get a bundle of the original game including the add-on for a reasonable price then I'd call that a great deal.

I can't seem to find Phileasson's Secret for sale anywhere, was it made available boxed or is it only DLC? I'm in the UK, which doesn't help, but I was able to buy RoT very easily from Amazon...thanks guys..

You won't find it for an English boxed version. It's included in several download bundles though.

Thank-you - is there any way that I can get it then if I live in the UK..?

I don't know. It was part of the Steam sale. Other services had it too. No idea if it was region locked.

Back
Top Bottom