Blizzard suing Glide Bot creator

Ubbax

Watchdog
It seems a Legal precedent is going to be set one way or the other concerning this behavior in MMORPG's.

Mr. Donnelly has admitted to selling more than 100,000 copies of Glide which sells for $25.00 US a copy.

Blizzard suing creator of the MMO Glider program

"Blizzard is suing Michael Donnelly, the creator of the MMO Glider program, which performs key tasks in the game automatically, such as fighting.

Both sides have submitted legal summaries to a court in Arizona.

Blizzard says Glide is a software bot which infringes the company's copyright and potentially damages the game.

In its legal submission to the court last week, the firm said: "Blizzard's designs expectations are frustrated, and resources are allocated unevenly, when bots are introduced into the WoW universe, because bots spend far more time in-game than an ordinary player would and consume resources the entire time." "

Ubbax
"Trust is good. Control is better."
Feliks Dzerzhinski, founder of the Soviet secret police

I hope so, I really look down on cheaters.

What does it do, actually ?

I only know Glide from the 3dfx chipset, but nothing else.

It makes it so your character fights mobs and loots them for money automatically, so you dont have to do anything. Used by gold farmers.

Thanks for the info.

:excited: I do I do!!:clap:

hehe, but seriously, If the game is that simple and monotomic as a bot can do it so well, isn't it a flaw of the game ?

Actually, it can't do anything but run around in circles and collect loot really. There are bots doing the same in pretty much every type of farm game, from Diablo to WoW.

That doesn't mean the bots will ever get you any nice equipment or any such thing, but it will get you loads of crap items that turns into a small fortune when everything is added up.

Isn't your equipment limited? if it can't run to sell those objects it would get full quite fast?

A lot of items stack so there is plenty of room for collecting in WoW.

If they just merely kill mobs and pick up the gold, they dont have any limitations, they could run that way forever without worrying about item space in backpacks, since money doesnt take backpack space.

So if you have 20 computers running bots all the time, you would get a lot of gold with minimal effort, over a couple weeks. And all you would have to do is casually monitor the bots...

Wow! That sounds like fun! Exactly what roleplaying is about! Casually Monitoring bots!

Ugh. MMORPG's are pure heresy. I'm going to leave this subforum
immediately because I'm starting to get rash all over my body.

You can do the same in all hack'n slash collect-loot-RPGs too (such as Diablo). :)

Totally deveats the reasons for buying and playing the game to me. I have played WoW and getting money to buy skills, equipement, whatever, goes hand in hand with getting the levels you need to use the stuff. It is part of the RP of the game.

Same here. I dont see any point in playing the game if I bought gold with money. Its more about the immersion of the game, not about how much gold I accumulate.

Back
Top Bottom