Avernum: Escape From the Pit - Two Screens

Most certainly getting this one.

Damn, my game backlog is starting to be almost as bad as my book one. Gotta stop that :-/

Not quite sure if I need this.
The better graphics and codex/map POI interface revamps are welcome of course, but I don't think that Avadon's battle system and character skill tree are necessary for an Avernum remake.

Not quite sure if I need this.
The better graphics and codex/map POI interface revamps are welcome of course, but I don't think that Avadon's battle system and character skill tree are necessary for an Avernum remake.

Hmm didn't know that. I thought it was a graphical update only.
That sort of puts a damper on my enthusiasm...

I just passed the original Avernum about a year ago. It'll be a while before I need to replay it. Even a remake of it.

Now if he updated Geneforge I'd grab that in a New York minute even if I passed it yesterday. I love that series.

For me the Geneforge serie is indeed better as in more varied gamplay. However avernum 1-3 has such an old UI that a remake would be nice.

Didn't I play this back when it was called Exile I: Escape from the Pit? I'm losing track of how many times its been remade.

For me the Geneforge serie is indeed better as in more varied gamplay. However avernum 1-3 has such an old UI that a remake would be nice.

I was a big fan of geneforge 1, but after that it was pretty much just the same game being released 5 different times with a slightly different backstory. The Avernum games showed some issues with that too of course, but at least they showed some evolution in gameplay and story.

For this remake the only reason I'm considering playing the same story for the third time is because it's using a revamped version of the Avadon mechanics, which in my opinion are far superior to the Avernum mechanics (with a few exceptions). I'm curious to see how they evolve for the next game.

I can't get over the "superman" avatar he uses for the fighter class complete with red cape. For some reason it just makes me annoyed and since avatars in game don't change based on equipment put on such as in Baldur's Gate, you are stuck with whatever he designs as the avatars look the whole game. A superficial complaint admittedly but there ya go, its enough for me to bypass this game.

I'm in! I've only played Exile 3 and Avadon past the demo so far. Something about the Avernum/Geneforge era of his engine turned me off and since I started with Exile 3, I found the interfaces in 1 and 2 frustrating. Avadon was enough of an improvement for me to look forward to this. =)

I'm in as well.

Where else am I going to get a new isometric view TB combat with controllable party game?

Back
Top Bottom