Gothic 3 Flame sword available too early?

lanux128

Sentinel
I was able to buy the Flame Sword at Nemora for 1000gp & now the game becomes a bit too easy, in terms of bashing monsters. :S For example, I can take on a herd of wild boars without much trouble.. With a damage of 100, i think the weapon has been made available too early and very cheap, was this a problem for anyone else?

i think the things merchants sell are random and with a bit of luck.. that happens... if u dun like it sell it lolz

It took me a LONG time to get a flame sword, so it is random!!

if it's random then nothing much can be done.. i'm back to using Orcslayer for the time being..

...was this a problem for anyone else?

Not really :) . I look at it as a bandaid to overcome the extremely crappy combat system so it's all good. The weapon is definitely a little overpowered though if you can get your hands on it early on. It was never supposed to be a regular item anyway. It was intended to be a spell scroll that would have let you summon a flame sword for temporary use but then PB ran out of time and it ended up in merchant inventories.
The community patchers have also had a lengthy discussion about it but I don't think they have found a consensus on how to "nerf" it yet.

Absolutely hilarious. You can buy the mighty Flame Sword for only 1000 gold, but(prior to 1.4 patch) you could sell a spiked cudgel for 4000 gold! Makes me wonder if pb had anyone assigned to playtest the merchant system at all.

thanks for the link, tet666 but since the page is in German, some translation would be nice.. :) anyway, would the patch make any difference since i already have the sword with me now?

also there is another problem, the flames effect that appears even when i am not wielding the flame sword makes me lose some frame-rates.. so, whatever combat advantages from this bug is lost due to the stuttering in game-play.. :-/

Well no it wont change anything if you allready bought the sword,i think i can translate this stuff for you:
the first patch here switches the flame sword with normal swords so that it cant be bought anymore ,if you allready talked to a merchant and saved (there is a merchantscript that cant be changed in your savegame then) it makes the sword worth 30.000 instead of the 1000 its normally worth.
The second fix here only increases the price to 30.000 and does nothing else,
the third one here interchanges the flame sword with katanas,
the fourth fix here is the best in my opinion it interchanges the flame sword with a scroll to summon it, most of this fixes only work if you start a new game or if you havent talked to a merchant bevore because of the script i menioned above.

Well no it wont change anything if you allready bought the sword,i think i can translate this stuff for you.
thanks again, tet666.. i'll keep this fix in mind if i start a new game.. :)

btw, is there a patch to disable the flames effect? it looks odd, the PC hero running around with flames on his back.. :) not to mention the drop in the performance..

Think it's a bug that it's so cheap not that it's actually a sword. There is also an Ice sword which can be acquired later in the game.

btw, is there a patch to disable the flames effect? it looks odd, the PC hero running around with flames on his back.. :) not to mention the drop in the performance..

It's a great sword but I hardly used it because of the performance problems. It probably should have only been available later in the story. Would also be nice if the flames shut off when you sheath it.

Maybe the next community patch can fix it.

It is being said that the next patch (1.5) will indeed make a change to the Flame Sword.
i really hope that they'll do something about the flames and avoid making the PC Hero become a human torch.. :)

Back
Top Bottom