What games are you playing now?

X3. A wonderful, horrible game.

X3. A wonderful, horrible game.
Care to share a little more detail on that opinion? I've got X3 sitting on my shelf waiting for me to rob the local 7-11 to fund a new rig. After having a grand old time with X2, I'm curious what I've got waiting for me.

My friend is babbling my ear off about S.T.A.L.K.E.R but im stuck with Fable: The Lost Chapters for now. It took awhile for me to appreciate it but now when the story have gone serious I enjoy it more.

Oi! That's my character you're playing there buddy. If you tell you're playing an elf on top of that I'm going to sue you for plagiarism ;)

Yep, I'm playing an elven girl, FB. She throws lots of fireballs and then goes werepanther if she feels like meleeing.

Yep, I'm playing an elven girl, FB. She throws lots of fireballs and then goes werepanther if she feels like meleeing.
Aaarrgghh!!! That's it! You're toast you thieving nut. :p

I've almost maxed out the entire fire tree and I also change into the werepanther for claw ripping galore ... now if you also name her TreeHugger I'm really going to freak out :S

Hindukönig;22914 said:
Playing Oblivion right now. Feels like a dumbed-down Morrowind in every aspect.

How can you say that? It got dozens upon dozens of high scores from videogame journalists! Just kidding, indeed it does feel and plays like an inferior version of Morrowind... Which is sad considering how dumbed-down Morrowind often felt compared to Daggerfall. I'm still waiting for someone to remake the old classics with new engines and current technology, though - Daggerfall, System Shock 2, Thief 2, X-Com...

Currently going the Closed Fist path (read: thug for hire) with Jade Empire: Special Edition. Also doing Anachronox, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and... That's it for the moment. My Space Rangers 2 copy is begging me to touch it but I'm finding myself with very little time to play all I want. Why the hell do people need to become grownups?

Why the hell do people need to become grownups?
Tell me about it :D

Currently I'm working from home while helping the missus with our new twins. My life is...feed, nappies, tidy-up, work (programming), 5 minute break to cruise the interweb...multiple iterations and not necessarily in that order.

Ostensibly, I'm playing JE right now. Though I'm not finding the time to actually do so.:-/

RP, SS2 is current enough that it doesn't really need a remake, but SS1 would be fantastic. Get SR2 out and get into it; fun game that you can actually play in small grabs. Anachronox was definitely under-rated once you get past the first section. I'd love to see DF remade with the Ob engine!! What amazes me, is that companies don't see the potential in remaking more of the classics; Hollywood does it all the time very successfully and the risk is very low. One day....... :)

hey corwin did you ever play anachronox with the patches made by one of the devs that fixes things like adding a taxi service that cuts down on what most people found far too much travelling back and forth on the first world?

No, I didn't even hear about those patches. That would vastly improve the game, with only the final section needing some work. (Having spent considerable time beating the 'final' boss, I hadn't saved before being swept into the unexpected final section, pretty beat up. That section was WAY tougher than anything else and I didn't last long. With being now forced to replay the boss fight as well, I uninstalled instead!!

Thanks, I will. I thought Planet A had been discontinued!!

Dez, I love that game, it's probably my all time favorite console game. It's good to see another fan of that series here.

What version are you playing? Gamecube, PS2, or PC?

Pc-version here. Its funny because all the previous re-games I own (re1.re2.re3) are psx versions :). Still it didn't took long before I adabted playing it with keyboard only.. Yes it sucks that game doesn't have mouse-support. How retarded can it be to port a game to pc and not support a mouse? :p Well luckily controls are easy to get.

By the way Its shame they never ported codename veronica to pc.

Last edited:
Pc-version here. Its funny because all the previous re-games I own (re1.re2.re3) are psx versions :). Still it didn't took long before I adabted playing it with keyboard only.. Yes it sucks that game doesn't have mouse-support. How retarded can it be to port a game to pc and not support a mouse? :p Well luckily controls are easy to get.

I have heard nothing but bad things about this version ... the graphics and lighting are all changed, controls are FUBAR, and so on.

If you're a hardcore Resident Evil fan then you really must own a Gamecube(or Wii). It's the only platform where you can get the entire series, and they even ported RE1, 2, and 3 with higher resolution. RE1 is a complete remake that's even better than the original.

If you're a hardcore Resident Evil fan then you really must own a Gamecube(or Wii). It's the only platform where you can get the entire series, and they even ported RE1, 2, and 3 with higher resolution. RE1 is a complete remake that's even better than the original.

I've only played the DS version of RE 1. I know the voice acting is supposedly laughably bad, and maybe it is too many poorly voice acted Eastern European RPG's, but I didn't get the joke ...

We have a Cube (& Wii), too bad I'm not a Console guy or I'd try RE4 out ...

Well I'm a student doing part-time work occasionally..so the current cash flow doesn't allow me to get new hw for my pc and buy new consoles at the same time, Life is choises! :)

txa: Can't really comment how it differs from the console versions, but I agree there is something wrong with lightning. Otherwise graphics look okey to me. As for the controls..well they have always been FUBAR in all the resident evil games! :). Its one of the trademarks like the crappy voice acting! :biggrin:

I've only played the DS version of RE 1. I know the voice acting is supposedly laughably bad, and maybe it is too many poorly voice acted Eastern European RPG's, but I didn't get the joke ...

We have a Cube (& Wii), too bad I'm not a Console guy or I'd try RE4 out ...

Imho there's not many games worth playing on consoles if you're used to playing PC games. I hold handhelds in even lower regard, although I can see the value of them if you're someone who travels a lot or has long break times at work.

I'm going to Hawaii at the end of June and was thinking of buying a Gameboy Advance and one of the Final Fantasy games for the 11 hour flight.

btw: It's a shame about the crappy PC version of RE4. The Gamecube\Wii version has excellent controls.

RP, SS2 is current enough that it doesn't really need a remake, but SS1 would be fantastic. Get SR2 out and get into it; fun game that you can actually play in small grabs. Anachronox was definitely under-rated once you get past the first section. I'd love to see DF remade with the Ob engine!! What amazes me, is that companies don't see the potential in remaking more of the classics; Hollywood does it all the time very successfully and the risk is very low. One day....... :)

Very true, Corwin. System Shock would probably benefit more with a remake than the sequel; but as a personal favorite I would enjoy seeing the game done justice in visual terms, something that I felt often drove people away from it. Daggerfall in Oblivion's engine would be very nice as long as its features and gameplay remained intact :)

Back
Top Bottom