What games are you playing now?

This is quite what I thought when I saw the screenshots of Puzzle Quest 2.

Today I continued on my Insanity playthrough of Mass Effect 2. I only have some of the N7 assignments left to do now, but I think I hold off for some more DLC's or a ME3.

Fallout 1. I started doing a replay last year and got sidetracked.

Picked up from a save about halfway though the game... I'm about to enter The Glow.

Properly playing the Temple of Elemental Evil for the first time. Eversince I first tried it, I've learned the 3e rules in depth and it really shows. Where I used to keep getting destroyed in the basement of the Moathouse, I now flew through it. Currently, I'm taking my first steps into the actual temple itself.

I absolutely love the game so far. The combat is in my humble opinion some of the best I've seen in a crpg. Roleplaying is a bit low though and therefor the whole game reminds me a bit of Icewind Dale I (in a good way). I'm ofcourse using all the patches out there, both the official and fanmade ones.

I'm also glad I'm playing the crpg and not the tabletop version of TOEE. Because from what little I've seen of the temple so far, I wouldn't want to stroll in there without a savegame button.

I've been in a bit of a retro mode the last few months, so in honor of Diablo 2's tenth anniversary I dusted off the game that I hadn't played in years.

Was a little bored when I started playing again so got a few mods and that really spiced it up a lot. The high-res mod D2MultiRes makes the game look really decent on my 22" wide screen, and the combo of PlugY and MedianXL mods make it feel like a new game, having good fun with it now.

With so much to play I decided to put higher priority on the "short and easily digested" games, so now I am playing Modern Warfare 2. Haven't decided I want to play the controversial level or not.

A friend asked me about what we was going to do on saturday since he's available. I proposed to prepare and run a pen and paper session of Star Wars SAGA Edition. Having shown him the miniadventures in the books he fell for a military adventure set in the clone wars called Operation: First Breach.

With so much to play I decided to put higher priority on the "short and easily digested" games, so now I am playing Modern Warfare 2. Haven't decided I want to play the controversial level or not..

Well that level wasn't optional when I played it. It's not really a big deal though, to be honest.

Still stuck in a boss fight of Jedi Academy,
so I just decided to start Ankh 2 : The Heart Of Osiris instead.

This adventure game by Deck 13 (Venetica makers) is very nice, some good riddles and some good humour. :)

You should play Ankh 1 before that, of you decide to look into the "Ankh Trilogy".

Well that level wasn't optional when I played it. It's not really a big deal though, to be honest.

They really made it skipable. You both get a requester before loading the map, and also a menu option to skip it once the level have started. The problem however is that if you do skip it, you get no information whatsoever what happens, so the level after that comes out of the blue.

After finishing 3 of the HoMM V campaigns (the infernal and necropolis campaigns are my favorites so far), I was ready for a switch back to continue NWN 2 MotB.

Wow! I was bored by the intro, but chapter 1 was pretty good, and the story, characters, and setting - nice (in a very dark sort of way)! Now going through chapter 2. The whole spirit eater affliction is quite original and challenging. Big thumbs up to Obsidian! :)

Last edited:
They really made it skipable. You both get a requester before loading the map, and also a menu option to skip it once the level have started. The problem however is that if you do skip it, you get no information whatsoever what happens, so the level after that comes out of the blue.

Ah ok, I don't remember the option.

I played through it, but I didn't kill any civilians.

Mass Effect 1 and Mask of the Betrayer.... both are quite painful to me at the moment (but it bothered me I haven't finished them).

Mass Effect 1 and Mask of the Betrayer…. both are quite painful to me at the moment (but it bothered me I haven't finished them).
When I noticed you placed ME2 with the games you really liked, I specifically decided to not recommend ME1 to you in your thread. It's rare that people who love ME2 will like ME1, since both games are so different.

If possible though, do try to finish it. Its endgame is one of the better ones in the gaming industry.

Yeah. Trying to finish ME1 1st (only because I'm hating MotB more than ME1). I think I'm more than half way through. I just got grounded by council.

As usual I am way behind you guys... just started playing Dragon Age: Origins last week. The game has the typical BioWare effect on me. I really get dragged into the story, the Ostagar battle is really well done and the companions are great. But I just can't get used to how restricting Biowares environments are and how little interactivity with the environment there is. I really hate coming into a room apparently full of excellent swords and other weapons and being unable to pick them up. I hate "opening" a weapon rack full of huge swords to find a measly dagger inside. I hate finding health poultices on wolves.
But I am still going to greatly enjoy it. While the world screams "generic" in the sense that it seems a blatant mix of elements from LOTR and the Wheel of Time, it feels like the first game I played that really captures the atmosphere of such fantasy epics well, which is an achievement.

Also started playing the german Nehrim mod for Oblivion - I am only 2 hours in, but very impressed with the general quality, the atmosphere, the starting dungeon. Only hints about the story so far, but it sounds intriguing and promises to be anything but run-of-the-mill. Also heard almost only good things about it on the web. Looking forward to this!

The last RPG games I played were Assasin's Creed 2, Dragon Age Origins, The Witcher, Riddick (both games), Mass Effect 1 & 2, Torchlight, and King's Bounty: The Legend.

I already beat all of those so now I'm just bouncing between some FPS games while I eagerly anticipate the release of some new stuff. Right now I'm playing Left 4 Dead, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and rarely some All Points Bulletin and Warcraft III.

I also have a few games I haven't beat yet because I keep losing interest. I guess you could say I'm playing them once in a while but they usually aren't my first choices. These games include Cryostasis, Thief: Deadly Shadows, King Arthur, and BioShock 1.

Other fun games I've just recently beat which were a lot of fun include Portal and Alien Swarm. Valve may not have good customer service, but their games are no joke.

Deathspank. Having a lot of fun with it, which surprises me. I usually don't like hack & slash or loot-whore type games, but this one is striking the right note with me. I think it's all the creativity in the art design, plus the humor.

Doing a replay of Starcraft: Brood War, while waiting for Starcraft II to be released in a few days.

Also messing around with Realms of the Haunting.

Finished ME1 and moving on to MotB. I. H.A.T.E I.T. This game makes me so mad. I already know the story is fantastic, I want to experience the whole thing myself, BUT the control is just.......... CRAP. I think I need help on controls to finish this game =.=

Back
Top Bottom