Dungeon Delvers - Update @ Official Site

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Holy Crap, a Dungeon Delvers update from CrossCut Games:
Dan and I are pouring some serious time into Dungeon Delvers again. Just to catch you up (if you haven't seen my posts in the forum here), we've reworked the maze to be ala Wizardry and Bard's Tale - and that's really pretty cool. It's all in text files too, so you can (just as before) edit everything in a text editor. The bigger update is with combat which is now very frenetic and fast paced. I really like it - it gives the entire game a significant lift in pacing and play. It's flat out fun. And it looks good too which just furthers the fun. So I like.

Inventory is servicable now - at least you can move things around and trade them. What I just got working was the weapon and smart bomb placement so you can see them. And weapons now work as they should. Magic items (like scrolls and spells or what have you) can now be seen. I also just got multiple special effects explosions working too and that's quite a relief (although there's a problem with one of them - it's not dying right). I'm running out of time tonight, but I hope to get the main health guage in place next along with the refresh bars for the weapon and smart bomb.
More information.

Crosscut game? First time I hear anything new from them since... years?

Their old rpg, runesword, had some potential... but I feel it has never been finished as it should have.

Very frenetic and fast paced combat is a TOTAL turn off for me; no way I'd ever consider this game!!

I'm wondering if the "fast and frenetic" is just hype. What is described on their site is phased TB combat which doesn't sound bad.

Crosscut game? First time I hear anything new from them since... years?

Their old rpg, runesword, had some potential... but I feel it has never been finished as it should have.

They are still working on Runesword II after making it open-source...pretty close now to a big 2.6.0 release. I've no idea at how it compares with their original Runesword though....I was WAY too later in discovering their existence to see how things have developed in recent years.

Dungeon Delvers sounds interesting enough, though methinks they need to be sure and keep the game's info page square with whatever latest changes and achievements they've wrangled. So long as that FATE system is still there and lots of briefish adventures that sounds right nice for not more than $20...

The bigger update is with combat which is now very frenetic and fast paced.

Read: "This game is aimed at the D2 / action-RPG audience".

Only said in other words.

Back
Top Bottom