Installing KOA

My game installed very quickly and without issue. I have two origin accounts - forgot I made one for the demo and had one for SWTOR. But that was my fault not Origins. Pretty much my responsibility to remember/track my own accounts IMO. Course it would have been better to not have had to use Origins at all ... I have a Bioware/EA account and one would think a single EA account could be used for everything, including activation.

I found I had to redeem my codes in the Origin interface (versus the instructions Amazon provided to do it while in the game). The 'already redeemed' error for me was that the game took it but the pop-up window amazon said would show never did.

For the second code I just did it in Origin and it worked great ... and it showed me the other code was there.

While I don't consider this a huge deal I won't deny it was annoying. Still I do not blame the KOA folks for this and just going to judge the game on its own merits.

Course I have to find time to play now that I have installed it. I was pleased to see I could remap keys.

Plugged in the Xbox controller (had already installed the driver from Microsoft) and it is indeed plug-and-play.

The game feels so much better with a controller. Really, this is first and foremost an X360 game that you can play on a PC as well. Now I need to find time to actually play it.

Hmm, I own a XBOX controller. I've never had any luck with playing with it though. I'll have to give it a try tonight and see if I like it. I haven't figured out how to hotkey potions and such yet, so I need to do that real soon. I'm a mage without much mana in the early going. About one spell and I'm back to relying on my staff till my magic recharges.

So what's the current status of using a 360 controller on PC? Do I need anything besides the controller shipped with the console?

You need to download and install a small application (driver?) from Microsoft. Then plug in the controller. Once I launched KOA (you still use the mouse at this point) and go to the controls screen in options, I moved the controller stick around and it switched to Xbox setup.

As far as potion hotkeys, there's a button on the controller (right bumper, I believe) that is a pause and brings up a radial wheel where you can select items to use.

Frankly it works way, way better wit the controller so far. I wish I had just bought it for the console.

But I was under the impression the controller shipped with a 360 is wireless ?!

You need to download and install a small application (driver?) from Microsoft. Then plug in the controller. Once I launched KOA (you still use the mouse at this point) and go to the controls screen in options, I moved the controller stick around and it switched to Xbox setup.

As far as potion hotkeys, there's a button on the controller (right bumper, I believe) that is a pause and brings up a radial wheel where you can select items to use.

It's tab on pc.

Frankly it works way, way better wit the controller so far. I wish I had just bought it for the console.

Probably true if you ever use a controller I tried and it was a nightmare. Couldn't get the camera in the right place and kept pressing the wrong buttons.

Of course the last time I used a controller where I had to control the camera was BG dark alliance, 10+ years ago. (not counting about 20 min. with demon souls at my brothers). Looks like i'm m&k for life or until they start making all pc games for controllers.

I played it on mouse and keyboard a bit, and it works fine. But my point is that the controller really fits in an action game. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by using it, and in the heat of frantic battle it's just a quicker response for me.

I've played a lot of X360 games and this feels exactly like an X360 game. Glad they made it for PC as well, and happy to hear you're enjoying it with the M&K.

@ovenall, I'm not disagreeing with you at all. It definetly feels made for the controller. My point was more that I suck with controllers.:)

If your someone that's used to controllers I would also recommend playing with one.

Back
Top Bottom