Avadon - Interview @ Sub Gamers

Dhruin

SasqWatch
There's a short interview with Jeff Vogel at Sub Gamers, discussing his background and Avadon:
The theme in Avadon is Power and how you can use (or misuse it), and as you stated - that could potentially lead to a game with a very dark mood. You prefer a humorous game - How do you accomplish that without compromising the theme and not making a farce out of it? Power after all, is quite a serious thing.
J.V: It is possible to mix serious issues and humor. Fantasy RPGs lend themselves very well to this. It’s a big world with tons of characters and writing. I can put in a lot of variety in mood.
Seeing as you really make up a story and plot or a story line with several changeable plots - what was it that made you grow up to be a game developer and not an author? (This is a thought I often have when I see the complexity of the story in games - your average author couldn’t really become a game developer but it could definitely work the other way round, don’t you think?)
J.V: I love games. Always have. Been completely addicted to them since I learned to play Dungeons & Dragons in fourth grade. Writing games was just kind of something I was born to do.
More information.

I checked this out from their website and the main game screen is tiny for this game, if you have a laptop with a smallish monitor the game doesn't work very well.

Well, in the forum for the game there was a guy complaining about it and he said he had a laptop, and other people agreed with him.

Oh, good, I want to hear about it, it would be awesome if you did an impressions article.

I only game on a laptop and I only see this when the resolution is too low. I'll find out for myself when the Windows beta starts next week and post back here again.

Hope you let us know what your impressions are.
To bad i dont have the time really to be a betatester.

OK, I've played it (briefly). What, exactly, is too small? Like, say, Baldurs Gate 2, the text and sprites can get small at big resolutions - you might need to turn it down. The actual game window size depends on the resolution you are using and whether you select "full screen" or "window". Can you clarify?

Back
Top Bottom