Risen Are you being thorough?

Uriziel

Sentinel
I thought I'd start a thread about hidden locations to see if you are being thorough in searching the world :p

Undoubtedly the most hidden of any of the hidden locations I've found is a gnome camp in the northwest. I saw something out of the corner of my eye when jogging past and I stopped right in front of it to do a save.
On the way to the abandoned castle in the northwest, where you get one of the rings for Leon's quest you come to a small bridge crossing....to the right of the bridge is a small waterfall. When you reach that bridge you have already past the gnome camp that is very hidden behind the trees. Turn around at the bridge and go back a very short distance and the camp is on your left. Inside are a gnome and a chieftain, as well as a chest and a bed.

While I have ya in the area, climb up the waterfall and get ready for some heavy fighting lol.
You will encounter numerous ghouls and if that isn't bad enough you run into an ashbeast :O

I'd love to hear about hidden locations you have found.

I found the letters "TA" (or AT...can't remember) written on the ground with wooden planks behind some bushes. But i don't remember where exactly. probably the designers initials?

I haven't read yours :p

but here are my hidden locations:

Nothing special and not really hidden:
When approaching the 2nd empty house in the beginning (The one with the bandit Neil(?), turn right and climb up the little, yeah what is it, a 'two-story-rock' and you'll find a handful of arrows and a proper sniper-position, assumeably

Another one, not that hard to find actually:
After you become mage and Mendoza leads you to the dolden door at the vulcano, you can climd down a narrow path towards a little cave where you can find some ore and gold

On the way to the abandoned castle in the northwest, where you get one of the rings for Leon's quest you come to a small bridge crossing….to the right of the bridge is a small waterfall. When you reach that bridge you have already past the gnome camp that is very hidden behind the trees. Turn around at the bridge and go back a very short distance and the camp is on your left. Inside are a gnome and a chieftain, as well as a chest and a bed.

Yeah, I found that. Pretty cool. If I remember it had a couple cool items.

On the West Coast:

If you go along the beach to the left (facing the ocean) and go around the corner there are some ledges you can jump up on… you keep jumping up and across ledges until you get to the top. There is the entrance to a castle/keep. Beware, though, some ghouls await you just inside the door. I ran out the door and fell to my death!

@matzig I was able to kill the ghouls and skeles there mostly by luck. Fireball at level 7 can't fire fast enough to beat the first two skeles at such close range. And my mage armor wouldn't last long either. When fighting a tough oppenent, I always plan my path to run backwards while firing at the enemy. This location didn't offer much room. I fired and ran backwards a step or two, just long enough to fire a second fireball, then turned and ran, jumped down one level, then another. The skeles only followed down one level. From then on they kept runnning back to their keep and back to the lil ledge down a level. I just stayed there and timed my fireballs for when the were on the lil ledge :p The ghoul was even easier because he would not drop down a level, so I just stood on the lil ledge and blasted him :p

Aye, seen all the above (some are even part of the main quest, but you'll see that later on). Here's a nifty one that's hard to find:

Behind the bandit camp there's an ogre. If you go through the passage he's guarding, you can jump up to the left. A lot of wolves there. Now go to the ledge, and use Levitation. You can float over the to the other side, where there's a small tent, two beds and a chest. The quest has some decent loot in it, and the ledge near the tent has a really good view.

Hard to get there, but it's pretty neat.

Close to that camp with the dastardly Chieftain, which is next to the crevice just above the skeleton cave, there is a ledge with a huge beast that looks like a tortoise with trees groing out of it's back. (A fire lizard or something)

It's easy to edge past the creature even if you don't have sneak, and get some cool goodies at the far end of the ledge in a treasure chest. There's an amulet in there that adds 20 to your total life energy.

These touches remind me why I prefer this kind of RPG to, say, Oblivion. Reminds me of Ultima Underworld and Ultima 7.

Best hidden location I found thus far: the many hidden treasures of Gyger. I found them by chance while searching for the last vassal ring in order to complete Leon's quest. I had been wandering the ruins over and over again to find that darned sixth ring. Hair pulling at first. But my, that pulling sure was rewarding.

It is definetly worth it. Both the Gyrger place and the undead place next to it has a lot of nice items.

Best hidden location I found thus far: the many hidden treasures of Gyger. I found them by chance while searching for the last vassal ring in order to complete Leon's quest. I had been wandering the ruins over and over again to find that darned sixth ring. Hair pulling at first. But my, that pulling sure was rewarding.

Can you be more specific? Where is the hidden treasures of Gyger?

Can you be more specific? Where is the hidden treasures of Gyger?

In the area where Gyger is: pull the rings on the wall. Stand in front of one, and left click, some will open doors - not all though. N.B. when standing in front of them nothing will show, expect the same like the pictures in Harbor city.

There is a place on the cliffs above the farm close to jan's hut from the beginning that is hidden and you have to get there from the mountain above…I don't recall exactly where but there are two corpses i think with some more stuff and a levitation crystal, there is even hidden gold on the little rocky formation on that ledge that you have to use the levitation crystal to get to it…once you descend to this place you can't go back up and have to use the levitation crystal to glide back down to the valley where the farm is…the placement of that ledge is close to the cave behind the farmers house in the valley…

Does anyone know the place? or is this a quest place and I just wasted my time and yours :) ?

PS
How do you cover your comment with a "Spoiler" warning?

EDIT: Thank you for all the information and the help…

wait… I can do this…
THERE WE GO… :) Thanks...

Last edited:
I think you are talking about one of the grave sites in a quest for Patty. If it is, you should have been able to dig up a chest....but you can't open it until you are doing the quest for Patty.

The spoiler tags is [ spoiler ] whatever text [ / spoiler ] <-------without the spaces

How do you cover your comment with a "Spoiler" warning?

Write some text. Select the text you want to be in the spoiler. Click on the '!' icon (the exclamation mark icon placed in the square, this is last but one icon, before the clef, after H3 H4)
After clicking it you'll get a window where you can type some text which will be the heading of the spoiler, for instance 'How to spoil'.

After that check Preview Post, 'cause you're done. :)

Edit:
O, the above concerns 'Go advanced'.
In 'Quick reply' the exclamation mark is the last icon.

As you approach guardhouse in HarborTown, there are some bushes to the right. Go right through the bushes and you'll come to a fresh patch of dirt. Dig there and you'll get some loot -- including a ring of +1 sneak.

Back
Top Bottom