D:OS Feature trailer D:OS

Divinity: Original Sin
Love the look of the new areas. Thanks, wiretripped!

Last edited:
Too bad I didn't have enough money to contribute more to their kickstarter then ... Well, in the end they got 2 x money from me : 1 x via Kickstarter plus 1 x via RPGWatch Kickstarter ... ;)

No watching!
Unless you guarantee there are no huge spoilers in.

Not sure what you consider spoilers, but it's only a 1 minute trailer showing off some off the key features... Pretty spoiler-free as far as I could tell. :)

I believe so as well. I couldn't get a thing about the plot out from it, since it is a very quick trailer. ;)

There's a lot of what Larian considers humor. It doesn't translate well, or its just bad. It doesn't detract too much.

I bought this a while ago, but I get the feeling it'll need a few months of patching and polishing.

I'll probably wait a while before I get into it.

Personally, I think they're trying a bit too hard with the humor thing, but it doesn't bother me much. I really like their approach to mechanics and such - but I don't think much of their loot system.

But I do love me some turn-based combat.

I agree with everything you just said, DArt. I would add that the crafting is hit and miss as well, but overall pretty good.

Their humor is horrible, and it ruins a lot in their games, and it has been getting worse and worse.

There's a lot of what Larian considers humor. It doesn't translate well, or its just bad. It doesn't detract too much.
After seeing the differences on Incal translations (French comic originally) I'm 100% sure the translation is the problem.
They should (if possible, or better said if funds allow) find a person/company that can translate the movie Cyrano (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099334/ ) without losing rhymes but still keeping everything humorous.

If you didn't watch that movie (the one I linked, not other versions) or never heard of Incal, you should get both ASAP. Just so you see that not all translators can do a great job.

I mean... The game originally is on french, right?

I enjoyed the humor in Divine Divinity and D2, and I didn't feel like it was too much. I hope the finished version of D:OS is similar.

Yes, they were very good in both. I don't understand why it was so bad in the demo area of D:OS, but it was. New writers?

Or made by the community ?

I mean… The game originally is on french, right?

Is it? That would seriously surprise me. These guys are based in Ghent, which is in the Flemish part of Belgium. They speak Dutch, not French. We don't dub anything in Flanders (unlike the French) so I see no reason why the game would be written in French rather than English directly.

Of course, the thing is, we're obviously no native English speakers. I remember seeing the lead writer in one of the KS vids (I forget his name) and thinking he had a Flemish accent (just like Swen).
Maybe someone else can confirm that? :)

As for the humor, eh, a matter of taste really. I for one don't mind an RPG that dares mock itself.

It just mustn't be too much. Would be an immersion breaker for me.

Back
Top Bottom