Van Helsing - Now Avaiable On the PC

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Neocore Games announces that The Incredible Adventures Of Van Helsing has officially launched on PC exclusively on Steam. The game is available for $13.49 due to being 10% off on Steam till May 29th.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is a real-time Action RPG filled with fierce and demonic battles, memorable characters, and a refreshingly unique story loosely based on Bram Stoker's classic novel Dracula.

Set in a gothic-noir universe resembling a fantastical 19th century Europe filled with monsters, magic, and weird technology, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing will follow the son of the famed hunter, known in-game as Van Helsing, in a tale wrought with wry humor and snappy dialogue. Van Helsing, a larger-than-life hero possessing a dark yet romantic charm, will follow his path to the dismal land of Borgovia where former supernatural foes have enlisted his help to defeat a new scourge terrorizing the ravaged city.
More information.

THAT… is an action RPG.
That's been pretty obvious for the last couple of months now.;) Unless your saying you hate ARPG's.

Too much diablo for me. Never understood the draw of that combat style. it's terribly boring imo.

Amazing that there is so much Dracula fiction and no adaptation has ever gotten the Van Helsing character "right". I love the original character, and it sucks that he is now perceived as a ninja steampunk action monster hunter.

What is so wrong with having an old victorian physician who is a particularly devout Catholic with encyclopedic knowledge of the occult and the bizarre? Why do they always have to turn him into a dual-wielding action man with no character?

Game looks like another boring hack and slash, btw.

The game is not boring, at least beta part wasn't.
It's not like Diablo. Well… Not completely. It's closer to Torchlight (your ghost companion/pet). There is no fishing crap however, instead there are some real puzzles. Those are in fact optional, probably so Diablolovers don't have to crybaby over them, but I loved that part of the game. Quests are cliche, kill this, gather that, but I noticed there is no "kill 876384765834765 mobs and gather a hair of each one" - if you're to kill something, it's some tough demiboss creature.
There was a balance problem in beta, for whatever reason you easily nail some mobs, and just next to them are very hard ones lurking. Now I saw it as a problem, maybe it's intentional. For example the first boss, scarecrow, was unbelievably hard to beat (he's summoning mobs until killed, and you can't just focus it and hit as he has a passive ability to shield for a while which makes it immune to any damage, so you have to run away from him till the shield expires). But maybe I went on him too early. Because this is not NWN. Once you open a passage to any area, you can return back to it. In other words, if someone gifts you Inn, it's yours to visit anytime.

Didn't try multiplayer so can't talk about that, but singleplayer is fun, at least the part available in beta build.

I'm currently downloading the full game from Steam, but am busy so can't promise I'll get to it before weekend. :(

If you are having some second thoughts, I suggest waiting for a demo. But this price? It's well worth it.

Last edited:
You can't beat that price, for such a well made game.

I'm not so sure I could tell Diablo from Torchlight...

What is so wrong with having an old victorian physician who is a particularly devout Catholic with encyclopedic knowledge of the occult and the bizarre? Why do they always have to turn him into a dual-wielding action man with no character?
Mention religion? Are you MAD!? You might as well make him the head of a political party, too, while you're at it. ;)

Its pretty fun and well made. But not enough for me to spend time with. 7/10

I'm not so sure I could tell Diablo from Torchlight…

Mention religion? Are you MAD!? You might as well make him the head of a political party, too, while you're at it. ;)

You know, that is a real shame. One of the reasons why Darklands was such a great game is that it had the balls to handle a major religion. A pity that most game developers are liberals who feel unconfortable about depicting religiosity(unless of course if we are talking about psychotic villains or parodies).

LIBURALS

Who comes here to rant about politics? This is a gaming site. Get real.

I thought maybe there'd be some impressions from people who've played it in this thread. But I guess it's just stupidity.

I would buy it if it was on gog.

Back
Top Bottom