Wasteland 2 - Post-Funding Update #44

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
InXile Entertainment has released a new post-funding update for Wasteland 2 with news on the next beta update, more screenshots, and when the game will be finished.

FTW For the When

The comments from the early beta have continued to help us craft Wasteland 2 and the next beta update will reflect the changes we have made based on your feedback along with the many scheduled additions. We've made great progress on this beta update and are currently putting it through final balancing and testing touches: it will go live on Steam next Monday, the 24th. But I know the question on everyone’s minds (and tweets and Facebook posts) is “When will Wasteland 2 be done?” Of course there is always the glib answer of “when it’s done” but we owe you more detail on the process than that.

To date we have had a total of 2,300 bugs and suggestions (not counting duplicates) reported from the beta testers and from our outside compatibility testing group since December. We have fully addressed over 1,100 of these items including a host of compatibility issues. On top of that production is moving forward on all fronts, you will see in the next update we have a new inventory UI, new locations on the map to explore, changes to existing locations to add depth, destructible objects, more satisfying combat animations, more ambient sounds, etc.

We know better than to give an exact date at this point because in addition to pushing the game in the ways we’d planned, we’re going to continue to incorporate player comments that make sense for us to address. But we are in the final stretch, and are thankful our backers have consistently agreed we should take the time we need. Our current three month plan will create a significantly better game as we are in an important development phase with each week taking huge steps to improve the game. As we progress through this plan we'll of course keep posting updates to let all our backers know how the game's progressing. But do be aware the end of this three month plan does not represent the finish line, at that point there will still be work to do before we can release the game.
More information.

Can't say I'm not eager to play it. On the other hand I really don't want to see another Skyrim in near future. If Wasteland2 be finished and polished in 2015., so what, it won't trigger a doomsday or something.
Releasing halfdone products should remain Bethesda exclusive.

I'm still positive and guess for a 2014 summer release.

The next beta should be this coming Monday, so we'll know pretty soon if the game is going to be Game of the Year material or another Kickstarter flop. That include RPGWatcher beloved Shadowrun, nominated RPG of the year 2013... really our expectations have touched record lows...

Hm... what are the other Kickstarter flops?

Erm... What another kickstarter flop?
All released games I've backed on KS were awsome.

Shadowrun? Didn't back it, didn't buy it, didn't play it and really don't care for it. :D

Can someone remind me when was their first release date? Around October 13? I hate it when they lie to me. Better don't say anything

How do you know it's a lie?

KS makes them give a date and it's utterly moronic to do so. It's impossible to predict how long it's going to make until you're really involved, and stretch goals will always push the dates back too.

How do you know it's a lie?

Well, it's February 14 and still no release. When you say to your customers something , it's better to be correct. Else, you keep your mouth shut.

It's not that i have no patience. For me it's obvious that is not a sudden delay or something went bad. The game is far from being ready and they knew it.

KS makes them give a date and it's utterly moronic to do so. It's impossible to predict how long it's going to make until you're really involved, and stretch goals will always push the dates back too.

Fully agree with everything. Why not "around October 14"? Because a lot of people will not prepay for such a late release.

Well, it's February 14 and still no release. When you say to your customers something , it's better to be correct. Else, you keep your mouth shut.
A lie is an intentionally false statement. You have no way of knowing that they intenionally gave a wrong date.
You could judge them for misplanning though.

Esitimated date and guaranteed date are not the same thing.

As I've written on Neptune Pine KS where delivery is delayed for about three months - I can't and don't want to understand all those hordes of animals buyers who want be the first one who bought a new playstation.

If you don't have patience for things, don't use kickstarter at all. Instead, go waste your time in front of the store where they're just about to start selling the next WoW addon.

Back
Top Bottom