InSomnia - Kickstarter Updates #5 & 6

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Studio MONO released two more kickstarter updates for InSomnia. The game so far has managed to earn $34,001 of the $70,000 goal with 21 days left.

Update #5 - Randomly generated event and missions\Details

Our main goal with randomly-generated events is to make the main storyline even more interesting as a result of unpredictable events, fights, and side quests. You might remember how random encounters work in Fallout 1-2; InSomnia’s random encounters will be more thoughtful and require a high level of interaction. Some events will be mutually exclusive, and others will happen randomly. Some will require completing objectives before they become available.

For example, while travelling through the Iron Jungles, you may spend a lot of time roaming abandoned corridors. Occasionally, you may encounter a gang of marauders—and you’ll need to either negotiate or show them the taste of lead. In some cases, an NPC will lead you to secret locations or even open up a whole chain of special side quests--if you communicate in a certain way. If the character you’re looking for has died, you’ll have to obtain the required information some other way. Or while walking through URB, you may encounter a group of soldiers who want to fight just for the hell of it. Going on a simple mission on URB’s perimeter patrol will always carry some risk; there’s always a chance that the unexpected is lurking just around the corner!
Update #6 - Armor Types

So here is the time for next update, this time we will reveal several details about Armor and some concepts showing armor\outfit customization options that will be available. Hope everybody will enjoy this update.

The armor in InSomnia RPG works as a means of personal protection. If you’re hit by a burst of fire from a 9-mm machine gun and your character is not wearing armor, your chances of survival would be close to zero. Armor significantly increases the survival capacity of the carrier. It not only decreases the damage (Damage Absorption) but also eliminates it completely, whereas different types of armor have various front and back stats.

More information.

The use of large amounts of metal armor vs. machine guns seems... ahistorical. Ah well, it's a fantasy game...

Its retro-futuristic game. Guns are most likely less developed and have worse penetrating power. I also suppose that not all factions or persons have plenty of ammo so many ppl use melee weapons too (like in Mars: War Logs).

IMHO it looks interesting and promising and I hope that the game will be funded.

This game is hovering around 30k, yet shovelknight got 300k.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight

No wonder big publishers have given up on complex games. Put in 100x the work and get 1/10th the payback.

While I do agree wirh you, I can imagine alot of people don't back this game not because they wouldn't want to play it, but because it sounds to amibitious and won't be made on that budget even if they succeed in the Kickstart. I certainly hope they make it though, they've got my pledge.

Well, its pretty ambitious RPG developed by unknown (and mostly russian) team. If Obsidian would come up with such project it would be completely different story. And it seems it has small media coverage. They need to do few interviews. But KS is not lost, they had 50%.

$70,000 for a year's work by a team of a dozen does seem like a stretch. I guess they must be hoping to start a series and reap rewards later.

I suspect an issue with the backing is the obscure nature of the genre. It'll need to develop a larger following.

Jagged Alliance was 40% at the halfway mark and still made it, and Popup Dungeon was also under 50% at halfway and made it, so I'm guessing they'll make it as well. But they probably won't make many stretch goals. The mandate was like around 66%-70% at halfway and still made a number of stretch goals.

Yes, I think they will make it. But Id like to see that "remote-controlled devices" stretch goal. It could bring more originality and interactivity into the world and quests. But now it seems unlikely they will get there.

Back
Top Bottom