Skyrim Dawnguard

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Hah yeah that's pretty wild looking compared to the tamer looking vampires I was thinking of. The monsterous appearence reminds me a little of the ash vampires - in that the power creating them increasingly disfigured them as they were reshaped and made more dangerous. It does look like there are some other vampires hanging around - though I think the beastial vampires might just be mutated/vampiric versions of the degenerate falmer which is kind of neat.

I wonder where its located... that ice lake looks vauguely familiar. Ah I'm probably just convincing myself of that because I'd like a big island like solthseim to explore now that it has tons of refuges from the great houses of morrowind bickering and crowded into small civilized area.

Trailer is pretty cool, and it makes me wonder how I've managed to go this long without even playing Skyrim yet.

I might as well have written QUICKEN (which lead to glowing golden eyes as well, if in another game), but the Doom god mode code is a little more characteristic.

Wow Jaz that is Old Skool. I still remember using QUICKEN and KITTY codes just to look around at the level designs.

Trailer is pretty cool, and it makes me wonder how I've managed to go this long without even playing Skyrim yet.

How did you achieve that? Although, at this point you probably want to wait for the GoTY edition or something that will be available in 2-3 years on Steam at a super cheap price...

Wow Jaz that is Old Skool. I still remember using QUICKEN and KITTY codes just to look around at the level designs.

I wonder if you get to fly if you use EREIAMJH.

How did you achieve that? Although, at this point you probably want to wait for the GoTY edition or something that will be available in 2-3 years on Steam at a super cheap price…

Nah.. I won't be waiting that long. I just wanted to see most of the bugs get fixed and some useful mods created. I'll be ready by the time Dawnguard is released, but when I actually start playing is going to depend on my backlog. :)

No, but it will be 2-3 months after the Xbox release.

Todd Howard has said in an interview that it will come to pc and playstation about 1 month after the Xbox release. So hopefully no later then july 26.

Anyone played dawnguard on xbox yet? Can you please hype it a bit…
Here are some bullet points:
Assuming everyone knows that Dawnguard is largely about Vampires, and that Skyrim has random world encounters … if not
I not a fan of the frequent random world vampire encounters (my Whiterun now has no Blacksmith, Alchemist or Stable master … both ash piles). My first load game (after my 1H/Shield/Archery Breton hit level 10) was met with 2 Master Vampires wiping out some valuable Whiterun NPCs (alchemist and blacksmith). Then I fast-traveled to the stables where 2 demon dogs had already killed the stable master and finished off my horse before I could kill them. Bethesda is so keen on leveling stuff to players, I don't see why they didn't save this level of invasion for clvl 35+! Anywho …

• more system lockups after Dawnguard installed
  • bug where you cannot upgrade to an Alchemist lab in Breezehome (despite NPC repeatedly taking your 500g to do it, one will never 'spawn')
  • not a fan of the look of 'Dawnguard Armor' sets
  • huge fan of new mob types (quite challenging)
  • a lot of the Dawnguard destinations are beautiful: Castle Volkihar, Fort Dawnguard, Soul Cairn
  • most of the quest rewards in Dawnguard are NOT leveled
  • some cool new tomes for conjurers
  • the story itself, at least from the perspective of signing up to be a Vampire hunter … is unbelievably far-fetched
  • tried vampire lord, not my playstyle
  • tried werewolf and loved the leveling mechanic and perks unlocked in doing so

While I do not regret my purchase, due to the spoiler tag and list item 1 … I have uninstalled Dawnguard until I have a character of level to enjoy the challenge properly. If I was playing on less than Master difficulty, some of the negative bullet points above would likely go away.

I am having a difficult time coming up with a set-and-forget difficulty/game parameters due to destruction magic being underpowered, enchanting being overpowered and the difficulty slider making allies mitigate more damage on higher difficulty settings (thereby simplifying the game). I refuse to adjust the slider constantly as I did in Morrowind and Oblivion.

So far I have settled on a Breton Warrior who has promised to never take up enchanting (master difficulty)!

Last edited:
I like to see more challenging monsters. I'm very tempted to install the improved dragons mod, so this Dawnguard "feature" is a welcome one to me. Also nice to see non leveled quest rewards.

We've reached the one month wait time for PC users concerning Dawnguard. Any news when it will be released for PC?

I like to see more challenging monsters.

I highly recommend Deadly Dragons, Real Wildlife and ASIS. These three mods work very well together and ASIS can pull the spells from every spell mod you have installed and assign them to NPCs to use against you. Also, it improves the NPC AI, so they use magicka and health potions and heal their allies, etc.

I have Deadly Dragon and ASIS installed, so far very impressed. Thank you for the recommendation. I'll give Real Wildlife a try later, but for now I'll have a bit of fun with the DD mod, and see what I can find. :)

Back
Top Bottom