Rampant Games - Can't I Be Just a Little Bit Evil?

I will never get these good/evil systems - at least not as long as they're simplified to the extent we're seeing, even in the most "advanced" games of today.

Why not do a simple action/reaction consequence based system instead. Don't label people, but implement plausible consequences for whatever actions you want to include. If you eat meat, then along the way you'll meet a veggie and he/she will react based on her own set of values. Such is the way of the real world - after all - and why not simulate that instead of imposing your own values on others - especially when you're a guy like Molyneux. He's not exactly who i'd want to decide where I stood on the moral ground.

About eating meat being wrong - I would tend to agree completely, at least that it's easy to argue that case. But let's not forget that we're talking about a fantasy world, which I assume is trying to simulate whatever values were common in medieval society. I have a hard time imagining Conan or Frodo being flimsy about eating meat, or am I weird in that way?

Back
Top Bottom