Mount & Blade II - Debut at Gamescom 2015 @ NicheGamer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord will be revealed at the Gamescom 2015 in Cologne:
TaleWorlds Entertainment will be revealing Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord for the first time at Gamescom 2015 in Cologne. Media will be invited to attend private viewing sessions of live gameplay from the game in its current state. Video and additional information about the game will be released to the general public concurrently, satiating some of the massive player demand for information on the new entry to the franchise.

The series, which has until now accumulated over 6 million unit sales, is a favourite among players, much loved for its refreshing sandbox gameplay that centres around player freedom. This next installment takes place 200 years before Warband but brings the series forward by greatly expanding gameplay in all areas and offering much improved visuals.

More information.

This is the first time I've screamed (think teenage girls on a Backstreet boys consert) out lout by something revealed in the news on this site. It has been so quiet for ages. and this is the game I'm mostly looking forward to.

The OP has it: the question is to know whether they kept in the same direction of openness in gameplay or they went the way of handheld scripted story delivery.

Thats the big question mark.

Honestly, I liked it not so much because of its openness, but the battle system, so I wouldn't care if they scripted anything, just make it prettier and please, oh please, automate the recruiting of soldiers for your holdings.

Looking forward to this as well. Even once its released it will be years before good mods are out though. So it will be years before I play this anyway.

I do hope they keep the openess but also flush out some of the story elements/quests especially town exploration. Never really felt like it made much sense to go into that towns. I hope they add more options to sieges as well.

Would love to see a fantasy version of Mount and Blade, with magic implemented well and not just in a mod. Huge armies going at it with spellcasters flinging fireballs and summoning creatures to fight side by side with archers and soldiers....

this gamescom is getting better and better, really looking forward to it

Trailer does not show much but looks like they are giving up on what makes M&B specific. Heading toward a Skyrim like type.

Back
Top Bottom