NWN2 - Patch 1.12 Available

magerette

Hedgewitch
Avantenor writes in to tell us that the latest Neverwinter Nights 2 patch from Obsidian is now available via the autoupdater, bringing the game to version 1.12. There's a long and detailed changelog you can view here at the Bioware forums.
Lucky Day also mentioned this on our NWN board. Thanks to both.
More information.

Fixed an issue where companions were replaced by familiars/animal companions during transitions.

Excellent! That was very much needed!

So have they fixed the bugs in the original campaign? I bought both NWN II and MOTB, only to get stuck because Daeghun wouldn't believe I had the shard from the ruins, even when it was in my inventory! Disgraceful how a company can get away with releasing buggy software, but then again I should of known better after KOTOR II.

Never heard of that problem.

So have they fixed the bugs in the original campaign? I bought both NWN II and MOTB, only to get stuck because Daeghun wouldn't believe I had the shard from the ruins, even when it was in my inventory!

IIRC, that was a problem that cropped up with mis-patched files after installing MotB onto NWN2. It was fixed by the first post-MotB patch.

Disgraceful how a company can get away with releasing buggy software, but then again I should of known better after KOTOR II.

You mean like every game out there? There's not one modern game in existence that has no bugs whatsoever. Yeah, buggy games are undesirible, but the more complex games get, the more likely they are (and RPGs are about as complex as games get).

What would be disgraceful is not patching it... but in that regard Obsidian are just as good as Bioware with their continued patch support, as this latest release shows.

What would be disgraceful is not patching it... but in that regard Obsidian are just as good as Bioware with their continued patch support, as this latest release shows.

Yeah, like ultima 9! I'm playing through it now. It's sad that they had to have an unofficial patch done by a disgruntled employee to get it to play decent. And there are still major bugs!

IIRC, that was a problem that cropped up with mis-patched files after installing MotB onto NWN2. It was fixed by the first post-MotB patch.

And it wasn't discovered until they released the game? Unbelievable. Do they actually test their software? Do you find this sort of practice acceptable? When I buy a game, I want to play it straight away. I shouldn't have to spend hours, or even days downloading patches on my slow internet connection. MotB should of been recalled.

You mean like every game out there? There's not one modern game in existence that has no bugs whatsoever.

Big difference between a small bug that causes items to display incorrect information and a game stopping bug, a bug which is right at the beginning of the game! If Obsidian actually tested their software, I wouldn't be complaining!

how about this scenario--game goes gold and works fine with latest patch
they then release another patch in between the gold version and it hitting the shelves. during that time even if they retest the new release on top of the expansion which they created of an old build of the original something trips up then there is no way to do anything other than work on a patch to match the release date as soon as possible. i imagine the probablity of a scenario like this (which may have happened) is much higher for games like nwn which are patched far more than most other games.

don't worry
neverpatient nights is the next game in the series and comes with a 12 pack of mountain dew;)

And it wasn't discovered until they released the game? Unbelievable. Do they actually test their software? Do you find this sort of practice acceptable? When I buy a game, I want to play it straight away. I shouldn't have to spend hours, or even days downloading patches on my slow internet connection. MotB should of been recalled.

Yeah, because if you can't play the game without applying the patches, then no-one should be allowed to play - mass recall!

Don't you think you're over-reacting just a little? Sure bugs are bad and surprisingly no-one wants them, not the players, not the developers and not the publishers. But they exist, they get into games despite everyone's efforts to avoid them. And when they occur, the best solution is a prompt patch - which Obsidian delivered.

Back
Top Bottom