Mass Effect Trilogy - Under $12 at GMG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A good deal but no DLC & no Steam = no sale!
DLC will never be included nor will Steam after there breakup with EA, but I understand were your coming from.:nod: I don't like origin either but I have to use it for some games I play.

I really do want to finish the trilogy some day (I loved the first game and liked the second), but Origin is a dealbreaker. I'll wait.

Thanks for the tip though - $15 is a steal.

only 12 bucks for:
1) Learn about vast and rich scifi universe, meet with great characters!
2) Get to know your mates better!
3) Discover how a game's finale can ruin your day!

-numbers are ofcourse a COINCIDENCE with games numeration.

only 12 bucks for:

Ha, that made me laugh, thanks for posting this. Couldn't agree more. Can I really recommend people play something that ultimately is a horrible failure? It is a strange question to ponder...

only 12 bucks for:

Are we still talking about this. I have to applaud those that can hold a grudge for more than a year.:sarcasticclap: Repeat after me it's just a game. Not the end of the world.

I pulled the trigger on this and dragon age ultimate bundle... I feel unclean having origin and the need to use it.. but whats my alternative?

Ha, that made me laugh, thanks for posting this. Couldn't agree more. Can I really recommend people play something that ultimately is a horrible failure? It is a strange question to ponder…

Mass effect a horrible failure? Really? In what universe.

If these titles were free, they still wouldn't be worth it if you had to use Orgin's online superfail system. That's a fact, not an opinion. No game is worth loading that piece of junk on your system, unless you like, just hate your pc or something.

-Carn

If I knew beforehand the quality of the series, I would not have bought it in the first place. And in that case, even a $10 offer would not have been enough to convince me to play that series...

But I had to pay to see so I forked full price.

Most interesting how publisher skinned customers with super-hi priced Mass Effect and now they sell it for scraps. What a world we live in. I mean the entertainment value of the game has not decreased one bit, then what happened?

Most interesting how publisher skinned customers with super-hi priced Mass Effect and now they sell it for scraps. What a world we live in. I mean the entertainment value of the game has not decreased one bit, then what happened?

It's called capitalism :p - the same thing you have with new shirt over time. Baldur's Gate series was great - but it is not an excuse to pay for them 50bucks now :D

In the interests of statistical balance, I've never had any problems with Origin (or UPlay for that matter).

My main beef is the price of the DLC (via the scam that is Bioware points). Lair of the Shadowbroker alone is still 800 points, which is £6 - over half the price they are offering the trilogy for.

Unless the DLC prices start to drop, I won't buy.

It's called capitalism :p - the same thing you have with new shirt over time. Baldur's Gate series was great - but it is not an excuse to pay for them 50bucks now :D

I don't think that he meant that games should not get cheaper with time, but that price at release was high (as with all other AAA titles).

I pulled the trigger on this and dragon age ultimate bundle… I feel unclean having origin and the need to use it.. but whats my alternative?

Not playing these games which barely bothered to change BioWare's formula from KOTOR?

This is a great deal, but for good experience, story DLCs are needed. And those NEVER EVER go on sale, and are expensive as hell.
When I played the whole trilogy last year, those god damn DLCs set me back about twice more money than I paid for games.

It was still worth it, though. Love this trilogy, especially in its complete form.

Playing ME2 and 3 without the DLCs containing actual content is not a very good idea to be honest. Some of the best content is in those DLCs, and they're never even on sale and never part of any bundles. Very frustrating, as I would actually buy a big ME pack, despite owning it all already, if it meant I could avoid re-installing all the DLCs individually in the future.

Edit: Paul pretty much beat me to it.

Determined intention. I cannot understand why some people are still buying from EA, despite of being treated as cash-cow so obviously. Should any of Bioware work still be worth it?

Back
Top Bottom