BG TuTu question

I've experienced Beregost crash a lot. The weird thing was it only happened if I installed mods in certain order. Its been a while so I can't recall the install order but once I started install BG1 mods in different order, it never happened again. Maybe it was just a coincident.. *shrug*

Ah. Didn't think about asking if anyone who experienced the crash had mods installed other than tutu. I have none at the moment, and since I just got Gothic Universe in the mail today, and still have BG2 to go through, I'll not need a new-old game's mod for a long time.

I had no other mods than TuTu installed. I've only experienced it a few times though, in dozens of playthroughs.

Well, I found the biggest issue with Easy tutu. Even though I selected the option to create a separate BGtutu install, thus leaving my BG2 install alone, and even though BG2 worked in testing after installing tutu and playing for some time (up to C4 IIRC), after beating BG1 in EasyTutu now regular BG2 will no longer load (even though it did before, after installing Tutu). It also won't reinstall. Grah! So I've got to uninstall, then completely reinstall BG2, even though EasyTutu was suppossed to ensure I'd not need to bother. I guess I won't be trying a solo Cleric run then, at least not in Tutu. Probably not at all.

*sigh, on to reinstall, hack, and then hope my backed up character can be imported without issue.

At least King's Bounty works, so long as I don't mind the lag. It's not bad, nowhere near as bad as Dragon Age (which became sadly unplayable during some battles, resulting in it being shelved).

At least King's Bounty works, so long as I don't mind the lag. It's not bad, nowhere near as bad as Dragon Age (which became sadly unplayable during some battles, resulting in it being shelved).

Sounds like it's time for an upgrade. What are your system specs?

after beating BG1 in EasyTutu now regular BG2 will no longer load (even though it did before, after installing Tutu).
Mm, I had no such problem, which means you might be wrong :p Tutu made its own directory and I still had the BG1 and the BG2 one, untouched.

You might also want to check your graphics card for overheating. Don't know your specs, but my GeForce 8800GTS used to overheat in lots of 3D games, causing the GPU to throttle down automatically, causing the FPS to drop in half or more after a couple seconds of playing. Cleaned up my PC (lots of dust!), which helped. Still have to play some of the more demanding games with the case half open.

I have a laptop running an Intel GMA series 4 chip… It never overheats, thanks to a cooler, but it is far from capable. Dragon Age is unplayable during heated battles, and stutters quite a bit even normally. KB isn't bad, just a bit of stutter during exploration. None during battles.

I could do with more RAM, but that won't affect the weak chip. It's not a gaming chip, for certain; many games kick up errors on install as they don't support it.

I'm not wrong about BG2 messing up. After completing BG1, I copied my save over, and went to load BG2. The autorun screen (the one that loads when you insert the disc) popped up, only offering an install option. Clicking install crashed it. I had to manually uninstall, then reinstall BG2. Even uninstalling Tutu didn't work.

It worked before; I tested it before installing tutu, checking my no CD crack. Then later, as said, after installing tutu, making sure it still worked. It did. I ignored it for a couple weeks, until I had beaten BG, then it failed. Repeatedly.

I'm not sure what happened, unless something got corrupted randomly during that time. Not sure how that would have happened either.

Back
Top Bottom