Pricewatch!

Thrasher, it's Game of Thrones! Not Batman.
Who cares for combat in it. Any boobs worth seeing? :D

Thrasher, it's Game of Thrones! Not Batman.
Who cares for combat in it. Any boobs worth seeing? :D
Well there are a few bordello scenes but if you just want boobs you can watch the HBO TV series. Now as for the game I recommend it.

Then again I'm a fan of all Spiders RPGs and they helped Cyanide make the game.
Yeah, anything outstanding? Is the action combat well done?
Combat is similar to Mars:War logs, Of Orcs and Men, and Bound by Flame. It's action based with a pauseable slowdown option for choosing your ability's.

Anyway this is just my opinion , and other posters may think differently.;)

Last edited:
I decided to pass on it for now. I'm going to wait until it's on sale at Steam or another site that sells the Steam version. The GamersGate version uses a DRM called ActControl that I'm not familiar with.

I thought the prequel DLC story was good, can't say the same about the rest of the game sadly. I knocked out the first 4 chapters of the main game before I couldn't take it anymore. It really didn't do anything all that well imo.

King's Bounty series is 75% off this week on Steam.

Well there are a few bordello scenes but if you just want boobs you can watch the HBO TV series. Now as for the game I recommend it.

Then again I'm a fan of all Spiders RPGs and they helped Cyanide make the game.

Combat is similar to Mars:War logs, Of Orcs and Men, and Bound by Flame. It's action based with a pauseable slowdown option for choosing your ability's.

It been a long time since I played some of these games but I don't remember the combat in all these games being the same.

Mars: war logs and bound by flame have action 3rd person combat like dark souls or the witcher 2.

Of orcs and men and game of thrones both have RTWP combat like dragon age or infinity engine games except it's not a full pause, time just slows to a crawl.

These are two very different combat systems IMO. Unless I'm remembering them wrong?

It been a long time since I played some of these games but I don't remember the combat in all these games being the same.

Mars: war logs and bound by flame have action 3rd person combat like dark souls or the witcher 2.

Of orcs and men and game of thrones both have RTWP combat like dragon age or infinity engine games except it's not a full pause, time just slows to a crawl.

These are two very different combat systems IMO. Unless I'm remembering them wrong?
I played Orcs and Men and Game of Thrones and liked the combat because I could slow it down. I was on the lookout for sales on Mars and Bound by Flame thinking they were the same way, that you could slow time to issue and queue commands. Are they not?

I played Orcs and Men and Game of Thrones and liked the combat because I could slow it down. I was on the lookout for sales on Mars and Bound by Flame thinking they were the same way, that you could slow time to issue and queue commands. Are they not?

You can do it in the other two games as well (at least Mars Logs, haven't played Bound By Flame but it's supposed to be similar), but it's more actiony with the active hits and dodging. It's more like The Witcher 2.

Let me clarify, you can slow time in mars and bound by flame. You can also issue commands in them but they are vague such as attack same enemy I am or use range attack.

The distinct difference that I remember and its a big difference IMO. In orcs and game of thrones you pause issue commands and kind of watch it play out then issue more commands. More like dragon age.

In mars and bound by flame you can pause to use skills or issue vague commands also but when you return to action you need to manually block,strafe,parry,roll,etc. Like you would in the witcher 2.

That's how I remember them anyway. It's been a long time since I played orcs or GOT so my memory might be playing tricks on me.

Let me clarify, you can slow time in mars and bound by flame. You can also issue commands in them but they are vague such as attack same enemy I am or use range attack.

The distinct difference that I remember and its a big difference IMO. In orcs and game of thrones you pause issue commands and kind of watch it play out then issue more commands. More like dragon age.

In mars and bound by flame you can pause to use skills or issue vague commands also but when you return to action you need to manually block,strafe,parry,roll,etc. Like you would in the witcher 2.

That's how I remember them anyway. It's been a long time since I played orcs or GOT so my memory might be playing tricks on me.
oh, crap, that means they turned to the dark side

Humble Weekly Bundle:

Larian Studios!

3 * Divinity
Dragon Commander

Dark Souls is Steam's weekend deal. I'm still not sure I like the sound of it - coming across like an old NES game, and not in a good way - but I think I've got to try it just to see what the fuss is about.

Humble Weekly Bundle:

Larian Studios!

3 * Divinity
Dragon Commander

I see you also get both Age of Wonders games. :celebrate:

To bad I already own most of the games they offer every month. :brood:
Dark Souls is Steam's weekend deal. I'm still not sure I like the sound of it - coming across like an old NES game, and not in a good way - but I think I've got to try it just to see what the fuss is about.
I bought the game two years ago and never finished it myself. I find the difficulty of the game is not for me. Other members love both games though.

You should check out the forums and the various news-bits on both games.

Last edited:
Humble Weekly Bundle:

Larian Studios!

3 * Divinity
Dragon Commander

Thanks for this. I was going to pull the trigger on Dragon Commander during the GOG sale (15 bucks), but I just couldn't do it. But with the Age of Wonders games thrown in the mix it was too good to pass up.

Thanks to Humble Bundle, I can cheaply start converting my physical game inventory to a digital one.

It's not really challenging like many NES games were though. Where NES games loved to throw random enemies that you could not really predict your way, thus memorization was the key, most of Dark Souls challenge comes down to how good you are at the actual game. The combat is challenging, but I never thought it seemed unfair, and when I died (I died a lot!), I never felt like it was due to the game cheating.

Back
Top Bottom