Pricewatch!

It's rare for games that are 75% (or more) off to go on a better sale though.

Yes, if the normal Summer sale is 75% already, no use waiting, but if it's 50% or less, it's better to wait. 50-74 is a gray area.

There actually are some games which go higher than a 75%. Of course it's rare but you don't exactly lose anything by waiting till the last day. ^^

I've been waiting for Might and Magic X, but with two days left I'm not holding my breath.

There might be some cool offers incoming. Make sure to vote. ;)
2favwowt8i5r.jpg

I've been waiting for Might and Magic X, but with two days left I'm not holding my breath.

Me too, I'm also waiting for a deep discount on Transistor.

Two days before the sale I purchased Game Developer Tycoon for 10 bucks and it was one of the first games to get an 80% off discount.

I don't think transistor will get a higher discount, was released too recently. You can still get it for 25% off though. Personally I don't recommend it anyways.

MMX Deluxe is down by 33%. I would even buy it if it costed 33% more ;)

I don't think transistor will get a higher discount, was released too recently. You can still get it for 25% off though. Personally I don't recommend it anyways.

MMX Deluxe is down by 33%. I would even buy it if it costed 33% more ;)

Transistor was already in a special sale so it won't be any cheaper this event.

Yep, can recommend State of Decay - at least the base game is great. The DLCs you don't really need. They don't add anything into the base game but add some additional, small scenarios. First one in the same map, second one in a different map.
Until Dead State comes out probably the coolest Zombie survival game with gathering supplies and stuff. You just have to get past the controls which are optimized for consoles (and not even good there as I was told).

Deadlight (reduced by 80%, now 2,39€) is also a nice Zombie game, though not an RPG. It's a platformer or "jump & run" as we call them in Germany. It's only 6 hours not and not of consistent quality but worth 2,39€ for sure.

The Dark
… In particular it seems the more hours you invest the more likely you are to enjoy the game - (however that is an obvious dynamic).

Not really. I've said already about it, you enter a certain complex of maps, clear mobs and then you have to exit by running the whole complex again and clearing pretty much the same mobs that respawned. At start on smaller maps it's not a biggie, but later it gets annoying as hell. Exploration is of no use, you don't really find anything interesting.

Skip it and buy Dishonored (full edition as it contains a great spin-off DLC that doesn't touch the main story). No mobrespawning (well… hell dogs do respawn on purpose as you should avoid them) nor running through previously cleared areas. Exploration brings fruitful items and expands the lore.

The Dark is dumbed down Dishonored where you're not an assassin with "superpowers" but a vampire. Another reason to buy Dishonored is the fact it's a rare Bethesda's game with no bugs.

Skip it and buy Dishonored (full edition as it contains a great spin-off DLC that doesn't touch the main story). No mobrespawning (well… hell dogs do respawn on purpose as you should avoid them) nor running through previously cleared areas. Exploration brings fruitful items and expands the lore.

TOO LATE. Purchased and ready to install after my AM workout

Besides, Dishonored was a day one purchase for me. Great game. But I like the color palate of The Dark (kinda reminds me of DXHR:gold=purple) and I think I will easily get my 8 bucks worth.

Last day of GOG Summer Sale, all the previous packages are on sale again for one last time, great deals all around, RPGs, adventure, strategy, action and others.

Steam also just entered the last day of Steam Summer Sale, all (or a lot of) the previously games on sale are on sale again, last day, hurry!

I picked up Dishonoured w/ all the stuff for 10 bucks, figure if I get an hour of fun from it, I'll break even. More than that and I'll be a super winner!

I'll just sit back and wait till you return with impressions on Dishonored.
Do not believe my words please, just start playing it and check if what I'm saying is true - that it's a game where Bethesda did things right.

Btw I didn't buy anything on this summersale anywhere. Dunno why. It looks I have everything already and those titles I've never bought… Don't seem so interesting. Or it's because tomorrow we get Original Sin?

-

One thing more, on iPhone, today, Heroes: A Grail Quest is free.
Nice little turnbased strategy, simplified HoMM/KB.
Try it!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heroes-a-grail-quest/id868795597?mt=8

A hint - do not go castlesiege before you recruit a decent army.

screen568x568.jpeg

What I didn't like about Dishonored is that it's breaking itself by rewarding sneaking with a better ending, but not offering "dencet" paths for it.
You can upgrade your character now and then - but 90% of the stuff you an buy is completely useless if you want to sneak.
So you can either decide to sneak and go for the good ending, but ignore character progression.
Or you can shoot people, have character progression and go for the bad ending.

Not a choice I like and so I decided for...no ending. ^^

Back
Top Bottom