Pricewatch!

Alrik, but it seems there is such thing on PC!

Braveland
http://www.gog.com/game/braveland#s_0
Only 2 bucks next 20 hours.
Did anyone play this game? I'll instabuy it if someone says it's good.

Sacred 2's on sale on Steam at the moment. From what I played of the demo I think the original was better, with the sequel feeling like more of a generic Diablo-clone, but it might be worth a play at that price.

Sacred 2's on sale on Steam at the moment. From what I played of the demo I think the original was better, with the sequel feeling like more of a generic Diablo-clone, but it might be worth a play at that price.

The original is NOT better, at least not to me. The respawning and level-scaling in the original is horrendous. Yes, it happens as well in Sacred 2, but most of the enemies don't become ridiculously overpowered and you're able to kill them easily enough. Sacred 1, not so much.

I played some 300 hours or so of Sacred 2 and still didn't see the whole map. It's huge, it's fun, tons of loot and quests everywhere and a bunch of nooks and crannies to explore. I highly recommend it if you like action-RPGs with a loot focus, huge world and a ton of side quests.

Oh, and the character building is second to none. Tons of customization and unique build options.

For $3.99 it's a no-brainer. Buy it now!

Last edited:
Might and Magic X is 50% off on Steam. That makes it £9.99 in the UK.

Paradox Sale on Gamefly.

Among others

EU IV Extreme (without latest Conquest of Paradise expansion) - $11.25
Conquest of Paradise expansion - $3.75

Tempted, but I'll wait for the extremely extreme EU IV edition.

Mount & Blade Complete (base game + Warband + Napoleonic wars + Fire & Sword) for $8.74 in Steam right now.

Mount & Blade Complete (base game + Warband + Napoleonic wars + Fire & Sword) for $8.74 in Steam right now.

I'm tempted by that, but I played only one hour of Mount & Blade and I wasn't really sure what to do. Does this DLC add any quests or story or something?

And how are the RPG elements? I saw a ton of skills in the character creator, which was nice, but I didn't get a chance to explore much else with it yet.

Thoughts on this game?

Base Game, Warband and Fire & Sword are 3 Stand Alone games.

Afaik Warband is the most popular one (Medieval setting), and adds some stuff compared to the first game. Fire & Sword (renaissance setting) hardly changes anything but skins afaik.

Focus of these games is the sandbox environment, and combat.

I'm tempted by that, but I played only one hour of Mount & Blade and I wasn't really sure what to do. Does this DLC add any quests or story or something?

And how are the RPG elements? I saw a ton of skills in the character creator, which was nice, but I didn't get a chance to explore much else with it yet.

Thoughts on this game?

I had it in my backlog for the longest time. I don't even know why I bought it as action combat is not my style, must've been during some sale or something. Eventually I finally gave it a chance, and am I glad I did! I loved the game (I played Warband). Combat is fun! There isn't a story, basically you start as some lowly noble (or maybe not even a noble depending on your character creation choices, though male/noble is the easiest road). So you go out recruiting soldiers and pledging allegiance to one of the kings (or not, but doing it is also the easiest road). As your army grows and you help one king or another, participating in arenas and doing quests, your reputation grows. You also court (or not) a noble lady, marry (or not), and eventuall you acquire states (castles, towns, etc) which you must defend by adding to their garrisons (this is my least favorite part as it's time consuming), and I'm guessing at the end you're the ruler of everything, though I never got that far.

So basically, totally recommended. I also recommend a mod that I forgot the name, which adds a LOT of options to the game, from total cheats (that I avoided) to things that just make playing less of a chore in many things.

Yes, M&B Warband is a great game, especially with the Diplomacy mod. (completes the game without changing the basic flow, IMHO) Yes, there is no real story which can make the end game a little tedious but there are so many ways to approach the character build that have real consequences that it's very replayable. There are significant practical limits on attribute and skill points so you have to consider your build carefully. There is a lot of helpful advice on the Taleworlds forum for new players if you want it.

Thoughts on this game?

Another vote for Warband. It's a fantastic (well, actually not fantastic, if we're being literal :p) sandbox RPG.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'll give this one a serious look for that price.

Inquisitor is 99 cents on Steam. For that price it's a no-brainer. Highly recommend that game for fans of hardcore, old-school RPGing.

Another vote for Mount & Blade: Warband (forget about the others). Unique open-world rpg/adventure in which the world does not revolve around the player but ticks along by itself, and you can change it if you wish so.

Medieval II Total War Collection on Gamersgate.

Bought the game but the installer is faulty.
Indeed, at the 30.8 % mark, it stops.
The only way to get it working again is to close it and start it anew.
The error message is about an unexpected error occurring on end of stream while reading from server…

The game starts with a framework .net error but is playable with 3 expansions.
I still could play the game but the Teutonic expansion did not install because of another error message that I forget.

I opened a ticket but like Steam, they say that they are overburdened right now.

Has anyone else encounter this nuisance?

Edit :

Found the problem : The launcher is at fault.
Here is the link to a new launcher that fixes that.

Last edited:
Bunch of RPGs for sale over the weekend over on GOG. Shadowrun Returns, Legend of Grimrock, etc.

Back
Top Bottom