Dragon Age 2 - 1.02 Patch for PC and Mac Now Live

aries100

SasqWatch
Rob Bartel updated the DA 2 tech forums with a post saying that patch 1.02 has been released. You can download the patch here. For Mac users, the game will update automatically through the launcher. In this thread at the Bioware DA2 forums, Roger K says Steam has updated the game, DA2, automatically.
Here's the fixes for quests in 1.02 (spoilers)
QUESTS (SPOILER WARNING)
- "Duty" will now appear on the Chanter's Board even if the player accepted
all of the board's quests before installing the Exiled Prince premium content.
- The journal for "Duty" will now update if the player left the Docks (Night)
area immediately after killing the Flint Company mercenaries.
- In "Finders Keepers," the door to Woodrow's Warehouse will now open if the
player steals the location to the warehouse from the harbormaster's office.
- In "Finders Keepers," if the player leaves Woodrow's Warehouse before finding
the crate, it is now possible to return to the warehouse to complete the quest.
- In "Herbalist's Tasks," the varterral's heart is now available even if
the player killed the varterral before receiving the quest.
- Merrill no longer refers to the aftermath of "A New Path" before the plot
has been completed.
- Varric is no longer confused about which character Hawke has been romancing.
- Various minor story-scripting issues no longer occur.
Also, please note this:
AMD and NVIDIA have recently released new graphics-card drivers. Using old
drivers may cause Dragon Age II to crash, run poorly, or display graphics
incorrectly. Please visit your hardware vendor's website for further
information on obtaining new drivers:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst114earlypreview.aspx

NOTE: Some plot fixes are retroactive, but not all. Players with plot-breaking
bugs may need to revert to an earlier save, particularly a save prior to
visiting the affected area during the current year in the game.
More information.

A decent number of mods out... check
First big patch released... check
NVIDIA's driver is still in %(@!!$@* beta. Arg.

Still, it shouldn't be long now. I need to get done with Tomb Raider: Underworld pdq.

A decent number of mods out… check
First big patch released… check
NVIDIA's driver is still in %(@!!$@* beta. Arg.

Still, it shouldn't be long now. I need to get done with Tomb Raider: Underworld pdq.

Don't avoid beta drivers from nVidia, it basically just means Microsoft has not signed off on them which is pretty irrelevant. I have always updated to the newest beta drivers and have never had an issue, and many games only run right on the newest betas.

I assume they don't do patches for Dragon Age 1 anymore ?
But on the other hand this means there's nothing needed to be fixed in Dragon Age 1 anymore ?

@ Alrik
want them to redesign the game for you?

I assume they don't do patches for Dragon Age 1 anymore ?

I hope not. One patch killed off cool parts of my best spells (Force Field, Crushing Prison and Cone of Cold) and another killed off barrier runes in Awakening. One of them also made "normal" the new "casual" because thousands of intellectually challenged gamers thought it was too hard, and that the AI should win the encounters for you on "normal".

The only patch I want now is the one that takes out the online DRM from DLC purchased with the Ultimate Edition, and just makes it a DVD check. I do not want my ability to play Leliana's Song to be dependent on EA's whim (ie whether they deactivate my account because I dared to voice criticism of the RPG of the Decade (DA2) on the official forum).

@ Alrik
want them to redesign the game for you?

No. I was just curious.

The only patch I want now is the one that takes out the online DRM from DLC purchased with the Ultimate Edition,

Wait, I must be online all of the time if I want to play the Ultimate Edition ??? O_O

The patch combined with the beta drivers made a huge performance issue on my PC at least. I was able to pretty much max out everything. The only issues was with the ambient occlusion, which made a big performance hit and added some weird lines to fog effects. Otherwise a nice improvement overall.

Okay, thanks. :)

But on the other hand … that's an implicite DRM again …

Just think of the secondary market … The DLC must be bought anew, I fear … And this is exactly what EA would intend to … Project 10 Dollar …

Luke Barret (and possibly the other devs. know that they're problems when importing a save from Awakening and possibly also Witch Hunt)

Most of the reports I've seen from community members is that the issues arise from Awakening saves. I've got that all written down but if the issue is actually with Awakening and not Dragon Age II (or perhaps even just an older version of awakening compared to now) then I can't really help much, unfortunately. I would try with an Origin save to see if the issue persists.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/300/index/7048410/2

He, Luke, also has this to say:

I was merely suggesting that people test importing the origins save to see if the issue still persists to isolate whether it's an issue with DA2 imports or with Awakenings.

In the mean time I've reinforced the severity of this issue with design and programming to see if we can come to a solution or if one, perhaps, already exists.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/300/index/7048410/3

So, the Bioware devs. are aware of the situation - at least when it comes to importing the saves into DA2...

Back
Top Bottom