RoA: Blade of Destiny - Remake To Be Released in June

I assume that no-one here read my RPC report regarding this remake ? Shame on you !

Anyone seen a listing for this anywhere? Pre-order? Odd that it's supposedly being released this month yet I can't find anything related to it.

I've checked Steam, GamersGate, GreenMan Gaming, and Amazon, and I see no mention of it.

There are only two things making this not an instant buy for me, they are the suspiciously short development time and the lack of English screenshots (there's going to be a lot of text involved and I'd like to see the quality of the translation from German to English, in case they're not using the original translation, that is). Will wait for a few comments from fellow Watchers before purchase. Alrik, link plz!

Last edited:
Isn't Attic Entertainment defunct?

Ah I see… This game was made by something called:
Role Playing Company.

Seems preorders are available just about everywhere.

"as well as being in full real-time 3D for the first time" hmmm... whatcha you talkin' about Willie?

Ah, I see. But it's mainly about the RPC itself and the other games. I mean the only "additional" thing about RoA here is the voice, isn't it?
And yeah, that sounds really strange. They could have used "you" in the spoken text to avoid the odness.

Anyone seen a listing for this anywhere? Pre-order? Odd that it's supposedly being released this month yet I can't find anything related to it.

I've checked Steam, GamersGate, GreenMan Gaming, and Amazon, and I see no mention of it.

Agreed. Wondering how they'll distribute too... Any word on DRM?

Other than that, never played RoA, but this looks very nice.

A bit concerned about the "20 to 80 hours" comment, but I'll still give it a try.

Alrik said:
with a kind of "Dungeon Master" telling things - but the worst thing for my ears was, that he left out all characters' names.

This sounded like this : "after closer inspection … could find a hidden door. However, … was not strong enough to open it."
On no, this sounds like a colossally stupid idea. A narrator?! Please tell me this was only for the short "GM voice" parts and not for every "text box" in the original game. I shudder to think how they've handled this in the English version. If the dude doing this GM voice isn't good, he'll easily ruin the whole game. Now I'll definitely wait for English version gameplay videos before purchase.

If there were any, I'd put them.
There are no links provided with the press release only the video I posted. The developers website doesn't even show the game. If I had the website link I would have posted it.

I see PC/Mac on that box shot at the end of the trailer. Here's hoping that's for real!

They seriously need to do a far better job on getting information, websites, etc out there to coincide with this trailer. I'm hopeful for this in terms of the game outright, but bungling this out of the gate could put quite a damper on the potential here.

Yes. I've been searching for information about what platforms this will be released on, but I can't find anything. The trailer seems to hint at a Mac version, but that could just as easily be a placeholder graphic, I suppose. Here's hoping that they follow the lead of almost all of the developers who have been leading the way lately with their old-school RPGs on Kickstarter and make this a PC/Mac/Linux release.

Superb!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom