2014 FIFA World Cup

No problem. We can do that

Switzerland did a great job with that, and should have won

As a German I can say, that it's quite easy to defeat Argentina with Messi in a World Cup's quarter final. ;)

What a dissapointing match... it was like "boys" against men.... terrible performance by France.

France played like it was a draw until the end. Bad coaching from my point of view. Thay started the game with a counter attack tactic, which was the right thing to do.

Since you are behind from 15 you must change your game.

Brazil now, and hoping for a nice surprize.

Well, without Neymar and Thiago against Germany, I doubt Brazil will go past the next round. With those two it would have been an even match, with one of them missing it would have been a difficult match for Brazil, but without both, not a chance.
Germany-Argentina will be the final match, Germany will probably win in OT (but without need for penalty shootouts at the end)

Last edited:
I bet Silva regrets being a dumbass to interfere with Colombia's goalkeeper. As for the game itself: the horrible and outright dangerous referee took center stage. When Hulk took cleats to the side of the knee, I expected at the very least a yellow card. Followed up by Neymar getting a knee to the back. The game was out of hand for the first 2/3.

Im curious how Holland will fare against Argentine.

It stings though, losing 1-0 against a not too great Argentine with that lucky goal. Then again Belgium wasn't great either

I'm really glad Holland won, but I'm quite sick of games being decided on penalty shots. They should just keep the 15 minute rounds going till there is a winner, fatigue will happen sooner or later and the game will be sorted out. Penalty shots simply nullify the whole team aspect and take it down to one player on each side to decide what should be a team victory or loss.

I'm really glad Holland won, but I'm quite sick of games being decided on penalty shots. They should just keep the 15 minute rounds going till there is a winner, fatigue will happen sooner or later and the game will be sorted out. Penalty shots simply nullify the whole team aspect and take it down to one player on each side to decide what should be a team victory or loss.

I actually prefer penalty shots over keeping the game going. There is skill involved by both the shooter and the goalkeeper, but after 120 minutes of running back and forth, it's not skill anymore, just a toss of the coin to see who gets more exhausted and makes a mistake.

Imho both is a test of skill.

To keep on playing would challenge your physical skills (endurance) while penalty shootouts challenge your mental skills.

I like penalty shoot-outs better, because especially in tournaments like the world cup it would be a too big disadvantage for a team to have gone 180+ minutes in a previous game and the other has not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom