Political and politically incorrect humor

Suggesting? It's a fact. I view the "photoshop" editing of Obama speeches to lie about what he said borderline criminal. The Justice Department needs to go after these guys.

I see. So, politicians seem to be the same everywhere, and the differences appear to be only gradually. ;)

While chances are good that interpretation is correct, there's also a chance that the interpretation is that once you grind down all of Obama's flowery crap, you get the real message.

That doesn't change the fact that the Romney campaign is editing Obama's speeches to make it look like he said something that he didn't. Dishonesty at it's worse. If he wasn't a politician, it was would be an easy case for a libel prosecution. Somehow we allow politicking to ignore the law. This and campaign financing needs fixing.

Subject: AMA on Obama Care

The American Medical Association has weighed in on Obama's health care package. The Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves. The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve. Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted. Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!" while the Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up !" The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it. Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and the Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow. The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter". The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea. Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no. In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the a**holes in Washington .

I see. So, politicians seem to be the same everywhere, and the differences appear to be only gradually. ;)

Pretty much. And in the spirit of the thread a small (very small) joking comparison:

The Real Difference between Republicans & Democrats:

R: Daddy knows best.
D: Da...I mean, government knows best.

Nothing funny about that at all. The guy is a piece of shit and a coward. He should have been prosecuted for that.

That was a horrible display. A horrible setup devised to evoke the worst behavior imaginable. And then the show's host congratulates the pranked on showing patriotism and hate for Jews? Disgusting.

Not just Egypt, but the Middle-East in general.

I'm not saying that *all* Middle-Easterners are the same way, but that sort of thing seems to be more accepted in that area compared to most civilized regions.

*Edit* I don't want to derail the thread though, so let's get back to some related humor… :)

Muslims_display.jpg

Last edited:
Naughty children, corrupting my humor thread with opinionated discussion… Take it outside, boys!

While I'm not some topic purist, I do want to keep the debates out of this thread if at all possible. First, it makes the thread a bit of a safe haven for the faint of heart that might be scared to fully jump into the shark tank that is P&R. Second, the debates deserve (or don't, on occasion) their own "space", rather than having unrelated comics pop up in the middle of a good throwdown.

Hey guys, while the cartoons DO spark discussions from time to time, and a little is permitted, this thread is supposed to be PRIMARILY about the humour, so all Dte was doing was trying to remind people of that. I do it myself whenever necessary as well.

Caricature in the press today (not found online, perhaps they have no license for displaying it online) :

Mr. Romney is jumping from a Fettnäpfchen to a Fettnäpfchen to a Fettnäpfchen - and finally cries out : "Done [it] !" (This picture looks a bit like an Olympic jump contest. ;) )

"Stepping into a Fettnäpfchen" (Fettnäpfchen = a small Napf filled with fat = a small cup filled with fat) is a proverb here meaning "to behave / do something embarassingly stupid and dumb".

This caricature is seemingly about Mr. Romney's recent behaviour in Europe and elsewhere. ;)

Hey guys, while the cartoons DO spark discussions from time to time, and a little is permitted, this thread is supposed to be PRIMARILY about the humour, so all Dte was doing was trying to remind people of that. I do it myself whenever necessary as well.

In other words, do as I say, not as I do? Great leadership, there. :rolleyes:

For Pete's sake...

If a joke needs explaining, go right ahead and explain. A quick comment on one, go right ahead. 3 posts including one that's obviously bait for a wild flamefest, take it outside. Really fairly simple stuff people. It's not like anyone's being a forum nazi here. It's a simple request, and only a request, which I even took the time to explain. I really don't understand the need for the backlash and general nastiness.

Back
Top Bottom