The RP Thread

Gwildor is the name and he shook antasir his hand, glad to have finda like minded. he could always get along good with mercenary, who were usually pretty honest people.
Tomorow morning we will look for the rest but I think it is better that we find that Iorek, that guard who IS investigating it, as soon as possible and find out what he already knows
By the way the guards don't really like nose arounds. most militia are thrustworthy but The guards listen to Lord Hagen and he, well he is just a might hungry wolf, so do watch out for him. It wouldn't be the first time he asks someone to help and then try to slip everything that went wrong in that guys his shoe.
Let's get going to the Barracks

Gwildor leads the way to the barracks.
Greetings sir he says to the militia guarding the entrance
Can we enter? it is very important that we speak to Iorek?

// hope you don't mind taking control over Antasir for that?

Antasir waited, standing a bit in the back, his eyed fixed on the ground. He was hoping that no guard would recognize him, or at least would not be annoyed by his presence. He agreed to go to the barracks, but somehow he felt that finding Iorek would not be so easy. Antasir was hoping he was wrong. While waiting for the guards' reply he was playing with his small money bag, which was 30 gold pieces lighter after his visit to the tavern. The night had passed and the first rays of sunlight were visible on the sky.

//OOC: I don't mind. It's good we finished that, so now the Salandril thing can move on.

Last edited:
yeah we will have to wait. I pmed him but he didn't respond so he must be very busy.
Hope it isn't anything bad or so

hmmm still no return of Khass. What shall we do ? can we continue without him? does anyone know more?

Nope, I have no idea what he had planned. I don't have any time now to start a RP session, I can still play though. We could wait for Khass, or if someone else has the time and will to start a new one, we could continue this one once Khass returns.

I am not good in to starting one I think but if someone else does it, I will try to join in again, because I was getting in to it more than I could have believed :D

Hey-o.

First of all, I'm very, VERY sorry. Like, Godzilla sorry. I've had personal issues for the past month and so, and the only time spent at anything connected to the internets was used for reading e-mail, and some chatting with friends. I admit I've had a 1 week break during the end of May, but to revive the RP thread and then possibly dump it again... wouldn't have been very kosher.

Secondly, the situation is stablizing, though, and I'll be able to come back at full speed ... I don't know when. Most probably, starting Tuesday, next week.

No problem Khazz welcome back and I hope everything is as good as solved.
Too bad you didn't had time earlier and sorry if I seemed inpatient.
Hope the story can continue again because it sucked ,e up just like the G games did hehe

No apologies needed. Take care of everything you need to take care of and I'm sure everyone will be glad when you're back.

I will have to read everything again, because I forgot everything that happened.

Salandril briefly eyed the young man who had entered his shop, and continued preparing his potion. He shook it repeadetly, until its contents had homogenised. He took one of the herbs off the nearby table, trimmed it so its weight would be appropriate, then added it to the mixture.

"Well now," the alchemist began, as he laid the flask of dark green liquid on a short pedestal with a gas fire burning under it, "what do we have here? A mage, I am sure you are, for no one is so foolish as to face the wrath of the priests of Innos, by wearing the uniform of their novices. But an alchemist?" he rubbed his chin. "Truly a pleasure to my eyes, you are, young Sir. I can barely remember the last time a collegue of mine walked into my humble shop. This city has too few of us around, has it not? And too few are talented enough to be trusted to not poison the drinker with their elixirs. Our number grows thinner ever still" his face darkened, and paused for a minute.

"But my worries should not be shared, should they, young Master?" Salandril smirked, and pronounced his last word as if he had won a small battle as the general of sarcasm's armies. "As a student in the arts of alchemy, I am sure your teacher has taught you the most basic potions, at the very least, has he not?"

"Then I am sure, mage," the shopkeeper said as he took his potion, which had turned a bright red, off the pedestal and placed it onto one of the shelves alongside the wall facing him, "that you are very much able to prepare a concoction that will frequently aid frequently in your endeavours: a potion of Mana Essence."

"I have a little personal business which I have to take care of. I hope you don't mind if you will help me, and yourself" he quietly added, "by making such a potion. My stock of these is low; you will find all the ingredients necessary on the table beside me, and others as well. I will return in a short time - by then, I hope you will have finished your task."

"Oh, and do be careful. As a young practicer of the arts, you should know well enough that combining the wrong ingredients together might have ... explosive consequences." Salandril said, and walked out of the shop room laughing.

// Uhm, Khass, my character can only make light healing potions....
Is it, that you knew that and are trapping my character somehow ? Or that you thought my character can make Mana Potions and you made a mistake ?
If it's the first one, I'll find a way to make it... I hope. Well, otherwise, Salandril's shop will explode :D

OOC: oh! ... uhm ... I forgetetted. Though it probably slipped out of my mind 5 seconds after I read it. :-/ Well, then I guess you'll have to formulate a convincing answer to it, so you will still remain in Salandril's favor. ;)

Alonzo was very when Salandril greeted him as a Master, it seemed that Salandril was really glad to see him, but that joy quickly faded when the alchemist requested that he brew a potion. At first, Alonzo was still hopeful, since Salandril was talking about the most basic potions, but then Salandril mentioned a 'Potion of Mana Essence' and the joy and hope Alonzo had felt turned to a feeling of despair.

He tried to call Salandril back once he realized he couldn't make mana potions, but the alchemist was gone. Alonzo sat down and thought about what he could do. He knew that just mixing some ingredients together might really be dangerous or at the very least distasteful. He pondered his mind long and hard, then he looked around and saw many books on the shelves. Several tomes stood open next to the alchemist's bench. Alonzo stood up and started reading the open tome. Unfortunately, it was a story of an ancient hero who defeated enemies of the kingdom.

The books on the shelf would be his best answer, Alonzo started to read the titles on the back of the books: The History of Khorinis, Innos - the god of Light, The Arts of the Kingdom,... When he was in the monastery, he had to work in the library, arranging the books in alphabetical order sometimes, as one of his chores and he remembered seeing the same books in the monastery's library. Alonzo then continued looking for a book that might help him: How to be a Chef Cook?, Alonzo grinned, and then finally he found a book that might be of use: The Art of Alchemy.

Alonzo took the book from the shelf and opened it. It even had an index:
The Art of Alchemy
I. Introduction to Alchemy:
-The Art 1
-Different Kinds of Potions 2
-Ingredients 4
II. Basic Potions:
-Healing Potions 9
-Mana Potions 12

He turned to page 12 and started reading. Alonzo found the page of the 'Potion of Mana Essence' Everything was completely explained in details. It was a step by step explanation for beginners. Alonzo's joy returned and he followed the instructions given to him by the book, slowly, not to make any mistakes. He took the needed ingredients, mixed, boiled and heated them. Alonzo then waited for the brew to cool down and he took a sip. It didn't taste like a nice red wine, but it wasn't awful either. He didn't know however if it really was a mana potion and he had no way of testing it. He didn't bring any scrolls with him and even if he had, he wouldn't have wanted to transform into some kind of animal to find out.

Alonzo put the concocter in an empty flask, put the book back in its place and waited for Salandril to return.

// A Concocter is something has been prepared by combining raw materials.
A Brew is something produced by brewing.
I'd say this is probably my best post until now :D

Last edited:
OOC: if not that, it's at least the longest ;)

The sound of rustle was heard in Salandril's room, but he was too busy with his own business. A pen scribbling down something quickly on a piece of parchment, and grumbles when he would form an ink stain on it could have been heard by anyone curious enough to listen.

He calmed down, rather quickly after finishing. "Calm down, old man, this needs concentration!" Even louder sounds were heard after, and he admonished himself for that. "You bloody fool, doing this, with a *mage* in your building?! Gah!" Rearranging his robe, he took the scroll and exited his room, and passed through the main shop room besides the boy (who seemed rather pleased of himself) out into the street. He raised his hand and shouted to a nearby young man, apparently the one who delivered the mail throughout the city.

"Take this where it needs to be taken, and be hasteful, you git!"

He returned shortly after, rather tired, to find the apprentice mage with his hands akimbo and waiting for him. "Yes, yes, yes. Now let's a look at your potion, shall we?" the alchemist smiled. He took the flask in his hand, examined it for color, sediments and viscosity, until he gave his opinion. "Yes, quite well. Could have been better, no doubt. I would never sell such things in my shop, though, would ruin my reputation, wouldn't it? Yet I deem good enough for an apprentice such as yourself. Now, one last thing - actual testing." he said, as he gulped down the mana potion. He seemed refreshed. "Good, good." and he smiled broadly.

OOC - I'm sorry for not finishing this post, but I'm writing in the morning, and I'll have to catch the bus for school in, oh, 3 minutes. I'll edit this more later, to finish it, and also a post regarding Gwildor and Antasir.

EDIT:

The alchemist stood looking ponderously at Alonzo, for a minute.
"You have asked about Gregor, and my relations with him, yes? I assure you, young mage, that between us there was no more than an association of competition. We were natural enemies, as the top two alchemists in Khorinis, of course, but this rivalry never degenerated into violence, or anything close to it. We both wished the other's demise, but only regarding his business. That is all, and nothing more."

"Now, youngling," the old man hurried to usher Alonzo out, "my shop shall become busy very soon, and my work will not permit me to speak with you. Farewell." he said, loudly closing the door behind the mage.

Last edited:
OOC 1 - I'm sorry, Krzychu and titus, but I couldn't post the Iorek part today. School ends tomorrow (yay) and apparently there will be some kind of ceremony that wasn't planned before, and I've been drafted in the organising team.
OOC 2 - Yes, you've heard the mail boy part, but nothing more than ruffled sounds.
OOC 3 - Also, edited the post above.

OOC - I'm confused: wasn't Salandril supposed to be a lead ?
I do have an idea, but I don't believe it will lead me anywhere. Otherwise I'll just find the others and see what they found. I could also make Alonzo bash the door in, but I don't believe that would be in my best interest. Like I said, I'm confused.

Back
Top Bottom