The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Im not a big fan of eletronica or whatever this would be classified as, but this live show was really cool! I thought this was great!

Massive Attack - Live at Melt Music Festival (July 2010)

Nice. Almost too dissonant for me at times though. I've always liked Unfinished Symphony.

Kingdom Come: Twilight Cruiser…this would be my number one tune on Normandy's jukebox.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xdhTGxNgtM

Quite like this mix of bluesy guitar and atmospheric synths ala Floyd. Now if only there was an instrumental version without the rather dreadful wailing Robert Plant on helium vocals. I could get used to it. :)

I haven't put anything up for a bit, so I'll give a few from the past several days:
"The Rowe" by The Thompson Twins
"I'm Insane but So Are You" by Moonbabies
"Lake of Doubts" by Malory
"Hands All Over Me" by Tamaryn

Nice stuff! The Malory track led me to this on youtube. The guitars gave me an instant eargasm.

Malory - Sleeper

Big David Bowie fan and I love me some Natalie Merchant, so this was a pleasant surprise

Natalie Merchant - David Bowie's Space oddity - Live 1999

Lovely!

Nice! That got me in the mood for some Siouxsie

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Candyman

Siouxsie and the Banshees - The Passenger
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Christine
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Cities In Dust (Extended Eruption Mix)
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Kiss Them for Me
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Peek-a-Boo

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Tinderbox (full album)

Also, one of my favorites from the 80's. Still makes me shiver after all these years. Surprisingly still close to perfection for me.

The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary (Long Version)

Last edited:
Last edited:
I actually ended up buying the album, so I've been listening to Tamaryn a good bit. Song of choice:
"Softcore"

I hadn't bought any music in nearly a year and ended up grabbing two. The other one I picked up was a very underappreciated album/band, Scarlett and Black. They're considered one hit wonders, but the entire album is surprisingly good. Supposedly, they had a falling out with their label and so the album didn't get any promotion and fell off the map after the first single ran its course. Here's the track everyone has heard:
"You Don't Know"

Really nice. Dark and noisy at times. :)
Yeah, her style takes a little getting used to. They write really catchy riffs, but sometimes each song seems like a mismatched puree of those riffs rather than coherent tunes. Still enjoying the stuff, though.

If you liked the Malory stuff, let me give you a couple more good tracks:
"Dany" (lyrics are actually worth paying attention, and this one sounds much more interesting if you get proper stereo separation)
"I Can't Stand" (this one just floats at the end)

More in the vein of Sleeper, I'll give you this one to taste:
"Temporary" by Bethany Curve

Loads of cool jazz out in the past few weeks, hard to even keep up ... and on top of it this week I was surprised by a release of John Scofield called 'Past Present'. I had mixed feelings about many of his early 90s releases (similar band), but love this new one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaklwmCHrRA

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom