Avencast - Review @ GamesRadar

I've been reading impressions from folks who have finished the game. It looks like there are only two character classes Blood magic (melee) and Soul Magic (ranged).
Also the puzzles and riddles disappear almost completely after you've played through the first part of the game. I really can't see paying any money for this, but I could see its appeal to some folks.

Agree, wynams. Mike writes some of the most balanced and hypeless reviews I've ever read on the internet. Even when he really loves a game, he brings a critical eye to it's faults, and lets the reader judge for him/herself.
Whether getting a crappy game for free makes you like it more is pretty debatable as well. Also, reviewing games as a job is different than playing them in your spare time for fun. Not a lot of "gratitude" involved when the boss lays twenty more assignments on your desk. :)

Edit: simultaneous posts! Have to agree that getting paid per game to review might be prejudicial, but getting paid hourly to review any game wouldn't seem to be quite so prone to the obligation factor.

GamerDad!!! I couldn't remember to save myself. I'm so glad you named the site. Yep, I found that Desslock and I have similar tastes so I generally pay attention to his reviews. I also have similar tastes to Knight37, so I read all his posts on Usenet. I generally just try to find people who love the games I love and hope that they buy a particular title before I do :D

Well for me, I played the demo, liked it, and ordered it from Amazon. This game was under the radar, but has turned out to be one of my favorite games over the last few years. It's an old school type of hack and slash game, and I guess it's not for everybody. It's fast paced, linear, and pretty much mindless fun. It's like an arcade game. It's not Fallout. But to my tastes, it's a pretty good game.
Is it similar to Nox?

Back
Top Bottom