Dark Messiah

SPOILERS follow. Can we get
tags in here? It requires the most trivial of forum hacks, half a dozen of versions of which you can find floating around the vBulletin forum.
You know I could have understood if Phering was misleading the Mage but that dang Mage says "he knows why you are there" basicly even though we didn't and considering the story, wth hell else could he have been refering too?
Well unless half the story was ripped out?
The mage and your mentor (I've forgotten everyone's names) served the same master, but the mage thought you would help him to retrieve the skull, when your mentor meant you to take it for yourself. He knew who you really were, whereas the mage did not. I think. I may have misremembered it, since I generally don't give a toss about game fiction.

Your spoiler tag request has been passed on.

Spoilers.

abbaon, yes that seems correct and I gave it a little thought also.
Thing is Phering is Evil and serves an Evil Master you are correct, as I understand it too from what I could get from the story.
Yet the Mage he sends us too Metalag (or somethng) couldn't possibly be training is daughter (neice?) to be a good mage if he in fact was Evil, serving the same Master Phering.

She clearly is Good, able to see evil aruas and never strays in dialgoue.
I really could be missing out on M&M lore but at the most I could see Metalag is Neutral or fighting Necros.
Metalag specificly says ingame as he dies he was sorry he dragged her into this mess and she was crying, Evil don't play that. ;)

Why would he seek help or offer help to a clearly Evil Mage bent on helping destroy the world?
This is considering as Metalag says "I know why your here" and "better you don't know yourself"

I have no doubt that Phering was using Metalag but what could have been Metalag's possible motive to help destroy the world?
He clearly had a castle and a whole town which from the sounds of things did a good job of protecting people.
They were simple people in the town/castle area not some Doomsday cult, he oversaw and protected.

O'well. :)

I had fun with Dark Messiah. It's a little clunky, but it was enjoyable, IMO. My problem is it has almost zero connection with anything resembling the 'Might and Magic' game world. I hope at some point somebody makes a Might and Magic game that at least resembles a CRPG. <sigh>

Got it, finished it, enjoyed it. Runs well on on my comp (geforce 6800 seems to work fine with it after all), my only beef is with rather silly story and and the constant moaning of Xana. Then again I might not be the target audience.
Got into habit of blocking on my second playthrough, the game IS easy on normal, only time I really needed healing was during that Arathok fight. Hit detection is somewhat odd, impaling works half of the time and headshots don't register correctly.

Still wishing for a game that has dismemberment while the opponent is still alive :( atleast DBTS still runs on XP.

Feels more like a First Person Shooter than a Roleplaying Game, however, I had fun. Not the greatest game ever but enough to keep me going.

I decided to play mage, meaning I skipped all combat skills...

However, I finished the first six chapters only using noob doubleknives, boot and healingspell. It's first now in Chapter 6 I bothered to buy my first real attackspells since I have Mana Regeneration now. I had a tactic (that still works I think) in which I powerattacked with knives, kicked the foe, powerattacked, kicked, powerattacked, kicked. I defeated 6 chapters with that technique.

Last edited:
Hey if your intrested before you meet Leanna the first time in the house you can go in with an upstairs.

Spoiler

The light fixture is a switch that releases a rope, climbing reveals a secret chest with +4 daggers and +4 (+2 for sure)Crit, it's the Gutting daggers at the Spider Temple after killing the Cyclops and head outside along the mountians.

Still in Spoilers.
Hint you can do almost anything with a Charming personality. ;)

Im in Chapter 7 now. Not a single crash, not a single glitch. I have a A64/GeForce SLI/Soundblaster setup (common hardware that is) with all the latest drivers. I have had no problems with the controls, in fact, I think they are above many other games. I found Chapter 7 a letdown though.

Slight spoiler:
In Chapter 7 you miss your "backpack" the first part of the chapter. But I am a MAGE. I should have my spells IN MY HEAD. I also only have 50 health so I can survive about 2 attacks from orcs, and I rely on my healingspell (gone) to survive.

Finished the game. Short ending. The A.I of friends was extremely bad. Nice waste of time though.

JemyM
"The A.I of friends was extremely bad."
Hehe, yes it was I always had Leanna stay back, though on teh upside getting the Ship back and in the Temple at the Gate where she was in the action scene she did Heal me and cast Fire Arrows.

I still can't find out what that key is for you find on the Orc Near the Stream in the Spider cave.

Yeah chap 7 wasn't great but it did kinda make sence to the story.

JemyM
"The A.I of friends was extremely bad."
Hehe, yes it was I always had Leanna stay back, though on teh upside getting the Ship back and in the Temple at the Gate where she was in the action scene she did Heal me and cast Fire Arrows.

I still can't find out what that key is for you find on the Orc Near the Stream in the Spider cave.

Yeah chap 7 wasn't great but it did kinda make sence to the story.

Once I found out that I could make Leanna stop, I used that function everytime there was a battle. She was absolutely not allowed to help. :)

The majority of the reloads I had was to try to get Duncan and other people in the burning city to survive. In 19 cases out of 20, they started to attack me instead, often for no appearent reason. It's like a kick in their general direction is enough to tick them and the rest of the population off, which makes it near impossible to save them from swarming ghouls.

I also had a key for most of the game that I could not get rid off.

Yeah saving Duncan was virtually impossible for me, Iwas actaully able to save all the others with reloads, though some were badly wonded.
I even tested by Maxing out my skills and spells even Charm at 1 or 2 point cost will pull all enemies to them, well the first half of the game making life easy for Backstabs, though in the second half you have to be careful not to get to close to the groups attacking the Charmed.
Anyway I think they intend Duncan to be killed just so Xeanna can say that annoying line. :)

I think it's the strike zones they are porrly setup, all weapons and creatue arms (any melee weapon) seem to be twice as long when measuring the hitblock range, than they are visually represented.

I actually do not think Duncan is meant to be saved but I did it through lots and lots of saves/reloads using kick's in the right direction, sending the ghouls over the edge or onto the spikes. Afterwards Duncan ran around in circles like he was engaging combat, he did not say anything special.

Exactly what happened to me too, he never stopped moving, iir he almost seemed to be running to spawn points looking for a Ghoul to kill hum. :p

Duncan, "Hey somebody, Kill me this is my scene!"

Aww, drats. Saving him would have been my only motivation to reinstall the game.

Well as JemyM said it can be done but it's damn hard, don't even try it on Hard or Hardcore (new patch level) modes and the other 6 or 8 you can save much easier. :)

How is LoLGoD going?

I split off our LoL content and formed another thread dedicated to the lands of Lore games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom