Dragon Age - P&P RPG Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare and Green Ronin will release a Pen & Paper Dragon Age ruleset in September:

Calling all tabletop heroes: Play the Dragon Age pen and paper RPG

This fall the highly anticipated video game Dragon Age: Origins arrives for PC and console developed by BioWare, the creative minds behind such RPG classics like the Baldurs Gate series, Neverwinter Nights, Jade Empire and Mass Effect.
BioWare is pleased to announce it has teamed up with tabletop RPG masters, award-winning author Chris Pramas (Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Freeport), and RPG publisher Green Ronin to bring you the official pen and paper RPG based on Dragon Age: Origins the video game.
Hit the link for more details.
More information.

This is potentially great news, in my view. I don't (and likely won't ever again) play P&P RPGs but that there will apparently be an actual published ruleset would make me feel much better about a system. Wizardry was a great series but not knowing what effect my stat choices had on results was a big impediment (about the only one in the case of Wizardry VII and VIII) to enjoyment.

I have a hunch that that's the message they're sending -- this is more marketing than actually trying to launch a new and lucrative PnP system.

True, but WFRP was a blast.

they designed this since before Dragon Age was even announced. They realized they needed to get from under the D&D IP and the contract complications so they designed this to build DA off of. I've been pretty certain they were going to release this for awhile.

Believe it or not, the first we (the rank and file outside DA) heard of this was yesterday, when the press release went out.

I like Green Ronin's stuff, so I'm very pleased.

To me, this is the greatest news about the whole game ! :)

Back
Top Bottom