Diablo II character build question

D

Deleted User

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what class to start as in Diablo II. I was thinking Paladin, but I'm more intrigued by the Druid's skill-set.

My question is, can I make a Druid and outfit him like more of a warrior? You know, chainmail armor, helmet, sword and shield combination, etc.? Or is it mostly robes and staves for him?

My build idea is a Druid who summons beasts to his aid yet can hold his own in melee combat with a scimitar or some finesse-style sword and a shield. Kind of like a Ranger from Baldur's Gate. Is that possible? It's been forever since I played so I can't really remember. Thanks!

Its been a while since I have played, so keep that in mind

But sure, you can do that. Equipment is purely stat based, so you can put plate on a sorcerer.

There isnt really a finesse style sword and shield in the game, and I think all of the druid melee abilities involve transforming into either a wolf or bear.

Is your goal to beat normal? Or hit level 90?

Its been a while since I have played, so keep that in mind

But sure, you can do that. Equipment is purely stat based, so you can put plate on a sorcerer.

There isnt really a finesse style sword and shield in the game, and I think all of the druid melee abilities involve transforming into either a wolf or bear.

Is your goal to beat normal? Or hit level 90?

Haven't really thought about it. I want to beat the game, but if there is a reason to play through on harder difficulties and hit level 90, I'll think about that, too.

Right now I started as a Druid but I don't plan on transforming much. I'm going to focus on my summoning and elemental abilities and outfit with a sword and shield for now. Seems to work well so far.

Back
Top Bottom