Age of Decadence - Impressions, questions, advice, etc.

There are some traders. It's a very small place to be honest and other than the quest you have, the thieves and the spoiler I put up there, there isn't much, unless I missed something.

But I would suggest just creating a dummy save, paying the gang and going exploring without talking to people. You'll see it's not much.

Note that the devs are planning to flesh out all of the Thieves' guild quests over the coming two months. So they may be adding some stuff there. Which is also the reason I haven't yet played as a thief.

Yeah, I checked it out myself, and there's indeed not much there other than the spoiler you put up. I would like that artifact and finish that quest though, so maybe I'll hold off continuing until they add some more routes around that gang in the slums. A 1000 coins is a little steep. :-/

But, in other words, I managed to become arena champion! Woo. I have a body count of about a 100 now... Life is good for my assassin. :biggrin:

How did you beat the champion ?

My assassin gets killed in two rounds… :(

I'm a pretty combat-heavy assassin. 8 in dodge and 7 in daggers. I throw poison and nets at him until he goes down. You're talking about Al-Sahir, right?
I tried some of the new challengers they introduced, first one being Hamul (or something), and I get absolutely mauled. 1% THC on fast. I'm not sure how I'm even supposed to hit this guy?

Yeah, I checked it out myself, and there's indeed not much there other than the spoiler you put up. I would like that artifact and finish that quest though, so maybe I'll hold off continuing until they add some more routes around that gang in the slums. A 1000 coins is a little steep. :-/

Never mind, I nailed Hermon and his entire gang's asses to the wall. Darn, that felt good! Combat is extremely gratifying in this game. :)
I'm definitely getting that prison/mine escape game they're planning in the same setting, with the same combat engine.

Probably by using bolas continuously.

My assassin is probably too talky talky …

Actually, I only used one bola, followed up by a potent poison and the eagle eye neurostimulant, and then wailing on him with aimed strikes at his arms and legs. I managed to take him down with a little under 10 HP left. But, bolas are very powerful indeed.

I've all but wrapped up Maadoran now, I'm just debating whether it is worth it to trade in 5 HP to get that "cellular generation" trait. Anyone? Is it worth it?
Then, off to Ganezzar. :D I still have Zamedi and the Arch to visit also. Couldn't do much at Inferiae, but did get a demon core.

I'm kind of sad I'm missing most of the lore, and not being able to operate any of the machines is kind of disappointing, but I can totally get it. It makes your character build important. Being able to up any skill by a point and passing that one check is satisfying. For me, at least.

In either case, I'm planning to do a Loremaster run after this, to see the other side of the medal.

And darn, the GOG version needs achievements, dammit! :p

Sounds like you're having a blast...

I'm actually on a break due to work.
I'm also going on holidays this week so won't be playing much. But if hard west is available in the next few hours then i would probably want to try that out soon.

With regards to the potion, it depends on which one you mean.

The one the healer gives you is a weak version. The better one required lots of alchemy though.

Sounds like you're having a blast…

I'm actually on a break due to work.
I'm also going on holidays this week so won't be playing much. But if hard west is available in the next few hours then i would probably want to try that out soon.

With regards to the potion, it depends on which one you mean.

The one the healer gives you is a weak version. The better one required lots of alchemy though.

I am having a blast (despite my earlier nitpicks, which remain). :)

Yeah, the one from the healer. Ah, you can create it yourself, too? How much better is that one? And I assume a potion that unique requires alchemy 10, no?

Nice, nice. Just got to Ganezzar and acquired the power armor. Sweeeet.

But the choices, they're killing me. Who to side with!? Darnit, it's making my head spin. :) These days I'm so used to consulting the internet and finding full walkthroughs on a game, and I can assess the rewards/outcomes when making my choice. This game though… Not much information can be found (except for occasional posts on the Steam forum by the devs), and things don't always turn out the way you think they will.

I really need to let go of my OCD way of gaming of trying to cram everything in one playthrough, and just go with it. It sounds like it shouldn't be hard, but it really is. :blush:

Last edited:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-age-of-decadence

The top 5 games will be featured in a free 1,000,000 impressions ad on RPS and other gaming sites. AoD is already at #18 at the time of this post, so if you enjoyed this game, please consider giving them a vote. You don't even need an account on indiedb to vote.

So, I reached the end location, but I am not too happy with the ending. :p I pumped my lore rather late in the game, so I feel like I missed quite a bit. I did get a lot of background at Zamedi, before I
ground the demon construct to dust by using the ring against him. :biggrin:

But, I'm going to restart from an earlier save to see if I can do better. I need slightly better stats to win the end battle. I don't like walking away, you see.

I've been trying to stick as true to the Boatmen as possible, but I am disappointed at the end to see that I'm only still a "brother", a lowly ranked member. Seriously?
I
helped assassinate Carrinas, massacred the IG HQ in Teron, raided the Forty Thieves in Maadoran, killed all of Gaelius' opponents, struck down the legate in Ganezzar, killed Faelan the Thrice Blessed, and then murdered Varro and aided in ending Meru's reign. And I'm a lowly member? Lowly? Really? I freaking single handedly forged an empire!

I was also a bit disappointed with the lack of… change to Ganezzar after breaking the siege in favor of the Aurelians. All that really changed was that an Aurelian legate sat the throne instead of Meru, that's it. None of the NPCs that I talked to seemed to even acknowledge this considerable event.
To illustrate, I
flew the airship after doing that to Ganezzar, and was welcomed by the Second Acolyte (not sure what he's still doing around after Meru's demise), earning me extra rep with House Crassus, heh. Guess what? House Crassus is gone, you twat.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-age-of-decadence

The top 5 games will be featured in a free 1,000,000 impressions ad on RPS and other gaming sites. AoD is already at #18 at the time of this post, so if you enjoyed this game, please consider giving them a vote. You don't even need an account on indiedb to vote.

Voted! Thanks for the head's up. :)

I did it! I killed a God. :biggrin:
Included screens of my character stats and gear too in case anyone is interested.

My next run will be a loremaster, but I will wait a little for that... I need a break for a moment. :)
At some point I want to try and kill all 3 lords in one playthrough too. Argh, too many options.

Attachments

• trophy_selfie.jpg
    trophy_selfie.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 38
  • char.jpg
    char.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 131
  • gear.jpg
    gear.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom