What games are you playing now?

Playing dragon age on my pc

Amd banner saga en my ipad (easier to steal a few minutes of gametime on an ipad when my kids can enterntain themsleves, they are 7 and 9, iy does not happen alot....)

And i really like dragon age so far,

And no, i hve not left hinterlands yet!

Btw what lvl should you be to beat the dragon in hinterlands?
Tried it ones, got burned big time...

I had sometime off during the holidays so I started Skyrim for the 3rd or 4th time.

I guess something happened, as I really started to enjoy it. To the point where I have put in over a 100 hours, where before I think I had a total of 4-6 hours.

Side note...I almost bought DA:I on boxing day as it was on sale. I just couldn't putt the trigger even for $38.00.

Btw what lvl should you be to beat the dragon in hinterlands?
Tried it ones, got burned big time…

Not sure what level I was, he nailed my arse so much even I did everything that could be done in Hinterlands so I left it for later, but it was not hard when I returned.
The trick?
Have Vivienne with you, make sure she has ice staff equipped (that particular dragon is vulnerable to ice).

I think enemies scale up with you in DA:I, yes? When I first encountered that dragon, I was level 5-6 and it was 8. I went back to have another try at the dragon, and it was level 12 this time (me 10),

Oddly enough, quite a few of the games I want to play in the near future are Ubisoft titles. Besides the AC games I mentioned previously, I also have Watch Dogs and Might & Magic X pretty high on my list.

JDR!

Play M&M. NOW!!!! Heh... Out of every game I played in 2014 (which, admittedly, were very few), I enjoyed it the most.

I seem to have hit a very annoying couple bugs in my Wiz8 run. First one I chalked up to me but now that the second hit, I'm wondering if the first really wasn't my error after all. I picked up the Steam version of the game and ran that rather than digging out my well-worn disks for this run and I'm wondering if that may be part of the problem as well.

I've given Antone all the items he needs for the Zanaryx Plate but he's not making it. He did properly make the steelhide armor for me, so it's not like he's completely screwed up. I wasn't using my spreadsheet where I track all that stuff this time thru (cocky bastard that I am) but I'm sure the slimy rapax has everything he needs.

Now one of the Mook alliance papers has disappeared from my inventory. I got both of them (working the double agent path) but the Trang one has just gone away. Zant won't react, so it's not like it's "invisible" in the inventory.

Pissed off, I is. Haven't had a lick of problems with this game once the 3rd patch came out back a hundred years ago and there's no reason it should be starting now.

JDR!

Play M&M. NOW!!!! Heh… Out of every game I played in 2014 (which, admittedly, were very few), I enjoyed it the most.
I'll second that motion.

I think enemies scale up with you in DA:I, yes? When I first encountered that dragon, I was level 5-6 and it was 8. I went back to have another try at the dragon, and it was level 12 this time (me 10),

Only dragons do. But not indefinetly. They seem to have "level cap" and will stay on that level so you can eventually outlevel them. Each of them has it's own level cap, IIRC it's 14 on Hinterlands dragon but don't quote me on this. :)
I'll second that motion.
Me too!

Still playing XCOM:EW (or will be once I get home). My psi heavy is a captain. Once he reaches colonel I'll end my normal play through.

Not sure what I'll play next. Trying again on classic ironman difficulty is tempting, but DA:I will probably move to the front of my attention.

I'll be playing Gothic 2 for the first time ever (yes, ever!), as soon as I get the urge to install it on my Alienware. Should be any day now :)

JDR!

Play M&M. NOW!!!! Heh… Out of every game I played in 2014 (which, admittedly, were very few), I enjoyed it the most.

I'll second that motion.

It's hard to say no to that kind of enthusiasm. I might make it the next game I play after Wolfenstein: TNO. :)

Do you guys recommend starting on Warrior difficulty?

I'll be playing Gothic 2 for the first time ever (yes, ever!)

Lucky bastard…

I got GTA 5 for the PS4 for Christmas, and started a playthrough just for kicks, not expecting much, seeing as I already played it on PS3. And man was I wrong. It looks amazing compared to PS3. It looked ok on PS3, but the PS4 version just blows it out of the water. And man, first person mode raises the immersion factor to a 100. I play everything in first-person. Too bad it reverts to 3rd person when behind cover. But man, it looks cool as hell. I did not expect it to feel this good.

And I can even decently shoot with a controller, something I'm usually horrible. And it's because of first-person. They have different sensibility sliders for looking around compared to aiming down the sights. And I set the down-sights sensibility to almost 100 to have good control, and the other to max. I align my sights roughly on the target, then aim down sights to shoot. Feels a lot better than before. And they also have an FOV slider. :D

It's hard to say no to that kind of enthusiasm. I might make it the next game I play after Wolfenstein: TNO. :)

Do you guys recommend starting on Warrior difficulty?
Depends. If you're playing the game for exploration, character development and nostalgia, the step up in difficulty is little more than an annoyance. If you want some challenge out of the game, warrior setting might not be a bad idea because the overall difficulty of the game is pretty easy.

I just finished The Stanley Parable, or at least all the possible routes I could have found. Amazing experience. I know I'm late to the party, but strongly recommended to anyone who hasn't played it yet. I'm gonna do a bit of investigation to see whatever paths there were that I haven't found.

EDIT: I just saw the other 5-6 I missed, and they're amazing.

The broom closet ending was heavenly written. LMAO. And the 4 hour button clicking ending was also great

Last edited:
Alright, so continuing my Assassin's Creed marathon, I finished Assassin's Creed 3 the other night. Due to difficulties with Steam tracking game time appropriately and uPlay not tracking game time at all, I could not say for sure but if this was not the longest game in the series, then it sure as hell felt like it.

What a bore and what a drag!

I also started Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag and barring any superlame levels in the later game, my current order would be (best to worst):

1) Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
2) Assassin's Creed II
3) Assassin"s Creed Revelations
4) Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
5) Assassin's Creed I or Assassin's Creed III

I can't really make up my mind whether there should be a no. 6) for either part 1 or 3 but both are about equally terribad so I put them both in last place.

Just about the only positive thing I can say about part 3 is that, without knowing it beforehand, I'm happy I managed to pull through and finish the Desmond story line.
Reviewing it all, I'm kind of glad I played through all of these games. It's a pretty weird mix of fictional, historical, mythological and religious themes plus some conspiracy theories about world domination but the folks at Ubi have done a fairly good job putting it all together for a video game story, although they have definitely failed at a satisfying ending to the Desmond Miles story line.
There are many unanswered questions and the nonchalant transition to Black Flag is kind of strange... (what happened to Shaun, Rebecca and Desmond's dad and "their" Animus device??)...

Anyway, back on part III, it's just really lame. All of the previous parts in the series were modern games with a quest compass and all that but part III is taking it to the "modern" extreme and is the kind of game where you mostly just move from trigger to trigger and push the interact button without any kind of challenge whatsoever...
If there is any challenge at all, then it is to do things exactly as the game expects or requires. There is zero freedom.
Also: The main character, Connor, is very annoying overall. Imagine an even more whiny version of Anakin or Luke Skywalker when they are at their worst.
It's really bad and there are many, many cheesy, facepalm- and cringe-worthy story cutscenes/dialogues throughout the game (and the DLC).
The only redeeming quality in that regard comes from the intro and later parts of the game when the father of Connor, Haytham Kenway, is involved. Both, the voice actor and whoever digitally animated the guy, deserve an Oscar.
But other than that, part 3 is simply awful. It certainly has its moments but every time you are about to forgive the game for all of its shortcomings, it kicks you in the nuts again to remind you how shitty it really is.... I would only recommend this game to anyone who is genuinely interested in a conclusion to the Desmond Miles story.
Outside of that interest, it's just torture... stay away!

So now I'm playing AC4 and it's definitely the best part in the series so far. I love the Caribbean pirate theme, the visuals are awesome and the story is off to a good start.
Apart from the usual consolitis (which is a bane on the entire series), the only negative -so far- is the game's stability.
From Assassin's Creed I, II, Brotherhood, Revelations and all the way to the end of no. 3, I haven't had a single freeze or crash to desktop but AC4 has frozen three times in about six hours now (just the AC4.exe, not the whole system so it's definitely a problem with the program/game, not my system in general)... *sigh*...

Too bad about AC3. I thought it looked like it would be better than that due to what seemed like an interesting setting to explore.

I'm going to assume you skipped the expansion. :)

I've never had any freezes or crashes in AC4, but I've only logged around 6-8 hours. I also think it's a lot less consolish than the older titles due to how they allow you to customize the HUD. Gameplay-wise though, the series never really changes much.

Still playing Grim Dawn and I've logged 40+ hours into the game and it looks very solid. There will need to be some balancing done to the newest class, the Arcanist. It plays well but doesn't have much loot that is specific to the build yet. Most other classes have several pieces of armor that boost the abilities of the class, but the Arcanist is new since mid-October so doesn't have very much yet. Outside of that quibble, I'm having a lot of fun and it feels very Diablo-Titan Quest-Dungeon Siege 2-Sacred-ish :D

For the dual-wielders, there is an assassin class that plays pretty well too. I only played it for a couple regions, but it was fun.

Back
Top Bottom