Grim Dawn - Build 21 Now Available

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Crate Entertainment announces that Build 21 of Grim Dawn now available that adds the new Arcanist class, and caster weapons to the main game.

Yes, that's right, the 5th class mastery has finally arrived, adding a plethora of spell-casting build options into the GD mix.

This build also includes a number of fixes and improvements to multiplayer and other aspects of the game. For all the details, check out the change log on the forum.

Our aim is to release a variety of convenience features in the next couple weeks, such as an expanded stash, followed by the first segment of Act3.

We hope you enjoy the Arcanist as much as we have testing it!
More information.

Last edited:
so

nobody cares anymore? have people finally raised their standards and refuse to waste time on mindless gaming ?

once everyone of you will do that, the games quality will start to go up.

stop supporting halfassed attempts at "fun complex gameplay". and ask for rpgs, for something that inspires you in your everyday life, even if its 10%.

i hate people "playing games" to relax, and then they call themselves hard core gamers

#RANT

I can't speak for others, but as much as I like the occasional dip into a complex ARPG such as Path of Exile, I'm kind of tired of following Grim Dawn. The thing is taking ages; wake me up when it's ready for release.

so

nobody cares anymore? have people finally raised their standards and refuse to waste time on mindless gaming ?

once everyone of you will do that, the games quality will start to go up.

stop supporting halfassed attempts at "fun complex gameplay". and ask for rpgs, for something that inspires you in your everyday life, even if its 10%.

i hate people "playing games" to relax, and then they call themselves hard core gamers

#RANT

Publishers have basically killed off PC gaming and it has not done much to improve gaming. Only when kickstarter came did anything serious start to happen, and the devs who are left are mainly ones who liked the EZ gameplay that came out of corporatized gaming.

Every time I try it, I'm underwhelmed. I really don't find it very interesting - and I think the class masteries are rather lacking in interesting abilities.

Grim Dawn is easily the best indie game so far in full 3D and playable. They are working hard and with each update adding an insane amount of content, fixing bugs.. Wish there would be more indie teams like this.

Satellite reign is not yet playable, Sui Generis maybe good, depends on the feel of combat system.

Coming from Titan Quest, they don't really seem to be raising the bar. Less classes and having 20 varieties of zombies (which I can't really tell the difference half the time) is a bit underwhelming. Not to mention the environment is constantly depressing and similar. Maybe it changes a bit later, but the starting situation will be the bit that the player will judge it by.

I get that they are an indie company with less resources, but that does not exclude them from having a hook. Unfortunately I have serious concerns that the final result won't be able to compete with Titan Quest, which is of a very similar design mold.

I've played a significant amount of the game and it's fun and performs well. I would not call it casual. I am looking forward to playing the full game but I do have one concern or complaint. That is that it was just an endless series of mobs where the same tactic worked throughout. The world itself is very nice. I like the dreary and damp atmosphere with occasional dungeons. I'm glad I bought it. I want these guys to succeed and keep improving on the formula.

I've played a significant amount of the game and it's fun and performs well. I would not call it casual. I am looking forward to playing the full game but I do have one concern or complaint. That is that it was just an endless series of mobs where the same tactic worked throughout. The world itself is very nice. I like the dreary and damp atmosphere with occasional dungeons. I'm glad I bought it. I want these guys to succeed and keep improving on the formula.
Welcome to aRPG games. I have not seen a single aRPG where same tactic does not work for most of same Act if not the whole level of difficulty. At least when compared with D3 you need to play with both hands and be concentrated or your can die in some tougher dungeons. Recent D3 I basically played with one hand most of the time.
Diablo 2 LoD mixed it up a bit when in later difficulty started having enemies immune to one or two damage types and forced you to change your build and tactics.

Back
Top Bottom