Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete Released on GOG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Wow. Great content for such a price. I need the second expansion and repurchasing the whole thing probably makes sense at this price point.

I've got them all already, but will end up rebuying them again. Lost my disks in a move, bought them all up on Direct2Drive back when it existed, but I'm not too keen on ol' GameStop and would rather have GOG installers for my next computer build.

I bought it, despite already owning the discs. It's a lot easier to simply download the game than digging through my CD/DVD collection, and it's a crazy amount of bang per buck.

you've got a client you have to download and download your games through that now. I don't have much faith in their long term stability either. The gog installers I can archive and never have to worry about.

you've got a client you have to download and download your games through that now. I don't have much faith in their long term stability either. The gog installers I can archive and never have to worry about.

This is exactly why I prefer to buy from GoG, and haven't made hardly any gaming purchases outside of there in the past year or so.

I've gotten 41 purchases, a number of which have anywhere from 3-7 games in them, and about as many in my wishlist. *sigh* if only the days were longer. They just picked up Avernum 1-6 and Blades of Avernum as well. Guess I'll be heading to GoG this week sometime…

This is a very tempting package since it also contains Mysteries of Westgate, a lesser known but nonetheless excellent quality expansion.
Despite the fact I already own boxed editions of NWN2, MotB and SoZ, can't help but be interested in this. The bonus material sounds swell too.

I never played Mysteries of westgate did anyone here play it?I found no review for it so can anyone share impressions?

I might differ from most, but I felt Mysteries of Westgate to be underwhelming.

I would on the other hand happily replay NWN2 just to play Mask of the Betrayer again.

C

Here's an interesting review from Iron Tower Studio's Vault Dweller (Age of Decadence project leader) which might help you make a choice about the game:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=192

I agree it wasn't as compelling or narratively as well written as Mask of the Betrayer, but I enjoyed the possible choices within the story generally a little more than Storm of Zehir.

I believe I've purchased them all already, but I couldn't resist this package. Too much goodness. Downloading now :)

I never bought NWN2 expansions as the vanilla game was unbelievably bad.
And I can resist.

Well if you don't wish to experience one of the better cRPG stories in the last ten years (in MotB) then too bad for you. :) It's your loss.

I never bought NWN2 expansions as the vanilla game was unbelievably bad.
And I can resist.

Well if you don't wish to experience one of the better cRPG stories in the last ten years (in MotB) then too bad for you. :) It's your loss.

I think it is fair to say that NWN2 divides even D&D fans ... personally I love it, but I don't hold it against those who do not. :)

Back
Top Bottom