show your desktop setups

Remus

Antihero
Inspired by rather similar thread on another tech forum, show how you arrange/setup your desk with PC stuffs; monitor/speaker/printer/games or DVD collection! Here's my new rig just finish assembled last night (on & off for couple months - last piece of hardware arrived yesterday = Asus G92 8800GTS 512MB.)

The pics kind of grainny & blurry though, no idea how to get it right.

Too many new games; The Witcher and Dreamfall is on the way...

DVDs collection...

ugh... they seem too small & sorry for the crapy photography skill...

*playing Crysis* - Yeeehaaw!.....

Last edited:
Well, this was just too embarassing to pass up.

And yes, that IS a footrest for nursing mothers that I'm using...

Attachments

• 12-8 003.jpg
    12-8 003.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 53
OK, not current - both the Dell and Macbook Pro have been replaced with newer versions - but this is my 'gaming lair' ...

XPS_Mac.JPG

And yes, that IS a footrest for nursing mothers that I'm using...

Dood! I have the exact same footrest under my desk! :lol: Maybe someone ought to tell the company that makes them that they have an untapped market to cross-sell to. :)

The chair might not look like much but it feels like heaven and it conforms to how I position my body!

Also, notice the can of raid. My best defense against Hawaii's most fearsome predator, La Cucaracha! (Yeah, thats Spanish not Hawaiian. Sue me :p )

Attachments

• DSCN0667a.jpg
    DSCN0667a.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 33
my chair...and my breakfast hehe...
pic9573ur1.jpg

the z5500 subwoofer
pic9575bp0.jpg

Cooler Master Ammo casing
pic9576xh2.jpg

Don't wanna sjhow. Too much stuff around. ;)

I'll reveal just this thing: There are currently standing a few Star Wars figures on my monitor ... ;)
And right of me a heap of game- & computing magazine-CDs ... ;)

Okay, this is my desk...
workstation.jpg

...from 3 years ago... one day I might take new pictures, but for now these will have to suffice.
My comp is on the other side on the desk now (besides, it's a different computer in a different case), I swapped my old monitor for a 17" LCD display, use a different background, a different keyboard (phew!), and the bottle cap is gone, too. I still have the headset somewhere, but I don't know where. Not too problematic - I hardly switch on sound nowadays, anyway.

The backside:
workstation2.jpg

The game manuals and the grenadier went to the attic, the company cap went into the trash bin, and I exchanged my old chair for a new one. The games, Martian, gameboy and general chaos are still pretty much the same, though.

@Remus--cool looking case on the pc.
@Korplem--couldn't you find a little larger monitor?
@dte--mrs. dte will definitely be digging a mysterious hole in the backyard if she ever finds out you posted that shot on the internet
@Jaz--I can't believe that's all your games. Do you have a secret bunker somewhere?

@magerette: No bunker- theses are all my computer games. The shelf is a little bit fuller nowadays, but mainly because hubby deposited his (small number of) games on the shelf, too. There's another stack of PC games in DVD cases on top of the second row nowadays, and yet another one on top of my graphics tablet (partly hiding the chaos). (EDIT: about 230 PC games in all).
I didn't buy many computer games after 2000, you see. I do have a second two-story shelf in the living room for the XBox and PS2 games, and there's a chest in the attic containing roughly 50 PS1 games, about 50 S/NES and Genesis games.

Last edited:
Where the magic happens:

2100131737_5dd6fd3953.jpg

2100911726_f764db959a.jpg

2100912236_83a910b49a.jpg

@dte--mrs. dte will definitely be digging a mysterious hole in the backyard if she ever finds out you posted that shot on the internet
I'll be OK. She doesn't claim my corner of the world, so she'd deflect any criticism squarely at me. That's probably fair, although she and the Wild Dogs have been known to dump their junk on my desk from time to time. I do need to spend a little time getting organized, but that would cut into my gaming time...

Gallifrey - very neat desktop; is that 17" CRT monitor?

Look like some kind of old steel bucket is under the table, what's it use for?

Gallifrey - very neat desktop; is that 17" CRT monitor?

Look like some kind of old steel bucket is under the table, what's it use for?

Thank you! The monitor is a 19" CRT E90fb Viewsonic. The steel bucket is just that, it's a bucket once used to collect the sap from trees with which to make maple syrup. It's now my garbage can.

The desk was found in the basement of my parent's last place. It's an old mid-20th century metal desk. It's been re-covered with red reptile skin print vinyl.

Well, Gallifrey certainly has the inside track for "Most Stylish Setup". ;)

Well, Gallifrey certainly has the inside track for "Most Stylish Setup". ;)
Well crap. I had such high hopes to emerge victorious... :D

Okay... here is my gaming dungeon...

First... the PC and stuff
Pic 1

Next... Wall 1 of 4 full of years of collecting. Mostly D&D stuff here, but there are about 30 games stacked behind each other in the lower right hand corner.
Wall 1

And last (for now)... Wall 2 of 4... all games.. yes they are all in plastic (pure geek)... and yes 99% of them are RPGs.
Wall 2

Well crap. I had such high hopes to emerge victorious... :D

A *very* close second I'm sure, Dte ;)

Okay... here is my gaming dungeon...

Nice!
I'm very envious of that games collection. I seem to have lost track of so much of my RPG stuff over the years. So many moves and so very little gaming led to what seems to be a dispersion of much of my collection.
And that is a cRPG games collection to be super proud of!

@narpet: Great game collection! Mine are all mothballed in crates due to space issues (and the fact that hardly anyone does find the time for gaming nowadays anymore, me included).
As for your computer games... you keep the boxes! Sheesh ;). The first thing I did when games still came in huge cardboard boxes was... cut them up. I kept the box front in a plastic sheet along with the manual and put the CD case on the shelf to save valuable space. The only boxes I kept were the floppy game boxes (try finding a certain floppy disk when they're all looking the same) and later, the DVD cases.

EDIT: dte, I think your place is the best of them all. I thought I was the only one whose gaming desk stood in a workshop, but then - bang! Along came dte...

Back
Top Bottom