Reasons to get an Xbox 360

I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I already have an Xbox 360 that's currently unused (I bought it some years ago to play some Kinect games with friends, but that stopped).

So I'm looking for Xbox RPGs that are not available on PC. The only one I've found that could be interesting for me is Dragon's Dogma.

Seems I'm just gonna be an adult, and just get over my "need" to play Gears of War. I give into my every want and need when it comes to gaming way too much. And it's just not worth it for me to get it just for Gears. I'd hate to just buy it, play the Gears games and then just store it to collect dust. No way I'm keeping 3 consoles and my PC at the ready for gaming. Just not enough room. Plus, I have a feeling that the Gears games, while awesome while playing them, are ultimately very consume & forget.

I'm gonna go with the PS4, as soon as they have the Last of Us Remastered Bundle. And I'm also getting Infamous: Second Son. My god does that game look amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzXCklTrD6s

I would recommend Halo series ;) my hubby bought xbox360 just for that series alone ( Halo 1-3, Reach, ODST I think). I enjoyed playing it with him too :)

Aren't the Halo games pure shooters?

Seems I'm just gonna be an adult, and just get over my "need" to play Gears of War. I give into my every want and need when it comes to gaming way too much. And it's just not worth it for me to get it just for Gears. I'd hate to just buy it, play the Gears games and then just store it to collect dust. No way I'm keeping 3 consoles and my PC at the ready for gaming. Just not enough room. Plus, I have a feeling that the Gears games, while awesome while playing them, are ultimately very consume & forget.

I'm gonna go with the PS4, as soon as they have the Last of Us Remastered Bundle. And I'm also getting Infamous: Second Son. My god does that game look amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzXCklTrD6s

Second Son is very pretty indeed :)

As for the actual game, it's not that great - but I haven't played it much.

So far, the most interesting thing on PS4 is Destiny - and I'm not sure it's all that good.

But the console is solid and a decent deal.

My suggestion - don't buy console. At all.
But you knew I'll say that.

Why? Because of three things.

1. Graphics whoring aka Watch Dogs

A mediocre game in a shiny wrapping. Graphics at it's peak with repetitive content. Modded (unlocked hidden resources) on PC looks unbelievable and outshines current so called nextgen consoles.

2. Exclusives aka we can't sell this crap to normal people

1. Actually on PC, as you noted, it had to be modded to unlock its true potential. The same thing happened to Dark Souls 2 (where PC was the lead development system). A counter to this argument could be all the PC exclusives that look amazing but play like utter shite. Works both ways.

2. Sure, if you think Dragon's Dogma and the Souls series are utter crap. People begged the developers to bring the Souls series over the PC and they asked the same for DD but Capcom don't want to for some strange reason despite the fact that Dragon's Dogma is pretty hardcore as far as action-RPG's are concerned.

Dark Souls is more complex than a PC exclusive RPG such as The Witcher 1 and it was a console game before being ported to PC.

The Halo games were pretty good too and ultimately, the successor to the crown of the FPS which came from DOOM.

Red Dead Redemption still hasn't come to PC and remains one of Rockstar's best games, even better than any GTA.

There are some pretty shit exclusives on both PS3 and 360 but there are some good ones too.

There's also the upcoming Destiny which would work well on PC as it's an MMO (despite Bungie trying to label it as a "shared world shooter") but Bungie are being silly.

However, to address the OP's question, nah, it's not worth buying any of these consoles. Wait a year and get a PS4 instead when it's got some games but a PC is more than adequate and has far more exclusives to keep one entertained.

As I said, I went with the PS4 instead of Xbox 360.
I'm picking it up tomorrow, along with Last of Us remastered and Infamous: Second Son
Excited. :D

I myself am waiting till the Destiny bundle releases.

I myself am waiting till the Destiny bundle releases.

About Destiny, any idea if you're forced to be connected to PSN to play it even in singleplayer? Or better yet, seeing as it's advertised everywhere as multiplayer game, is there any point to playing it singleplayer? Is there a good enough central plot to the game? Or is just a bunch of scenarios linked together to give some context to multiplayer games?

While not a 360 exclusive, Red Dead Redemption is probably THE best console exclusive I can think of.

Came here to say this. Such a beautiful game.

About Destiny, any idea if you're forced to be connected to PSN to play it even in singleplayer? Or better yet, seeing as it's advertised everywhere as multiplayer game, is there any point to playing it singleplayer? Is there a good enough central plot to the game? Or is just a bunch of scenarios linked together to give some context to multiplayer games?

You're forced, yes. You can play it without playstation plus on the PS4 but some multiplayer options will be disabled as a result. You're always forced to be online. There is a plot though at least from what I've seen of the alpha. This isn't Borderlands. There are cut scenes and they even feature your character:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVVH7ujT9Qc

That's the only thing bothering me about the game, the always online requirement. I understand it's an MMO but when you give the player the option to play solo then one does have to think why their can't be a separate single player mode even if the game is harder in later missions alone.

It's Bungie though and I enjoyed Halo so I'll give it a shot.

Top reason to get an XBOX 360 ?
You get in close touch with the NSA ...

Another reason to get a 360? Enchanted Arms. Very fun battle system in that one and lots of unique monsters to collect.

Back
Top Bottom