Tabula Rasa for Free

I already saw it today, but the waiting time seems to be relatively long.

I've seen over the last few weeks even a few speciemens of the CE; maybe I should look out whether I can find it for cheap now.

I have both of these ... but it was interesting to be in Circuit City the other day and see both selling at full price ...

yeah i got myself a free acc a few days ago, having a real blast! totally love the pace in this game ..almost no downtime, take on LOTS of enemies at the same time! use crafting to modify any item. cool armors and weapons, nice areas.
its really a shame that this game is shutting down, the only area where i find it lacking is the skill selection.
there was some nasty bugs in the beta, which also lived thru to launch ..thankfully they seem all gone now!

Is there any interest in kind of an online meeting ?

I read that the free play starts January, 10th, so this is when I'll start it (have already installed the game from that link from above).

The fileplanet page from above says that one could "request a new serial code from the game at the NCSoft support site".

How do I do that ? I don't seem to find any thing regarding that ...

An update: Yes, you just need to register there at the knowledge base/support (at least I've done so), and you only need to ask for a serial number for the game.

You then get e-mails (in my case 3) which contain informations - and a serial number.

Plus, there is an additional information in one of the e-mails which I quote now:

When creating your Tabula Rasa game account, you may be asked to enter your credit card, as game accounts usually require a form a payment when activating. However, if you are asked for a credit card, your credit card will not be charged. Once your game account is activated, you may play the game for free until the service ends (February 28, 2009)!

I wonder how this might work, since i never had a credit card and don't have one right now.

ok yeah so,
the process of getting a key is really weird. first register an account here:
https://secure.plaync.com/cgi-bin/quickStart.pl?qsr=sFFwepZ80ei8

then you need to either email, or use their questions funtion to actually contact support and ask for a key. it took about 12h for me to get one :|
now, if you dont already have one, you'll need to create a regular plaync account at http://www.plaync.com/ , use your serial to activate a tr game acc.

also, while that promo url says a credit card is needed, i wasnt asked for any cc details at any step of the process. and i've been playing for about 2 weeks now.

@gothic: the updater is really weird, it stays like that for like forever, then it jumps to 90% or so in one go, and finishes off.

Yes, I had the same.

After trying the game, I am very surprised, it is a looot more fun than WOW, no idea why it is shutting down, I already had more fun with it than I ever had with WOW, since I can acctually control my character!

The Collector's Editions should be really cheap by now. At the beginning of February, I plan to buy one for myself (if there's still one available). Current Amazon Germany price is around 20 Euros.

I think it had a lot of technical problems when it was launched and people lost interest,,, it is sad this is closing down!

yeah there was a lot of bugs at launch, and they lost a lot of players almost immmediately. which is probably why the high end content is quite small, as is the skill selection. they never got the money in to continue producing content.
combat and art direction is really nice tho! if they'd had a better launch this game could have been a classic.

I found it is another Richard Garriot syndrome game.

Great ideas, not enough resources, unfinished and with technical problems.

Garriot aims too high without enough resources, it is simply not possible to make games of his scope today without a massive amount of resources. At U7 it was still manageable and UO since it was 2d, and they had the tech. To make massive worlds and the resources to finish it. All of his 3d games failed because he aimed too high.

I think we should take screenshots for the RPGWatch database, too, as long as the game is available ( = online).

Back
Top Bottom