Lets see those beloved pets.

I

Icefire

Here is mine.booboo.jpg His name is Booboo. He is with me at all times and goes with me almost everywhere. And I spoil him rotten.

Last edited:
Here is my Pit/Lab (technically Staffordshite Bull Terrier/ Black Lab ) mix Annabelle:

photooh.jpg

20110626212829.jpg

We rescued her from a kill shelter in Georgia when she was only 8 months only. That was one year ago last week. She's spoiled for sure (my wife is convinced that she comes after the dog. She's probably right), but she deserves it. She's a great dog, very well trained, immensely loving, and ferociously protective of my wife (not sure about me as she views me as the protector). Can't really ask for more.

Okay, I'll let you figure out which one is Shorty, as both are rather small beings. I have no idea what breeds combine to make this dog. He's probably part demon and part pain in the butt, I really can't tell :)

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 131
I already posted mine in another thread ("Guess who's coming to us").

But might as well post her here:
picture.php

It's a cat. She's called "Ruscë". Got her from a local animal welfare organization.

You guys really want to get me going on my schnauzer? LOL

here's Lucy:
- going thru the car wash for the first time (kinda freaked her out)
- after a "doggie ice cream social", blissed out w/ peanut butter ice cream in her beard
-Mug shot

Attachments

• IMG_1697.jpg
    IMG_1697.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1745.jpg
    IMG_1745.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1847.jpg
    IMG_1847.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 28
This was something of a minor miracle, but I actually got all three of them to sit still and face the camera long enough for me to take a picture.

dogs.jpg

You guys really want to get me going on my schnauzer? LOL

here's Lucy:
- going thru the car wash for the first time (kinda freaked her out)
- after a "doggie ice cream social", blissed out w/ peanut butter ice cream in her beard
-Mug shot

We had a schnauzer named Suzi that had a twin sister named Lucy. The original owner died and the kids didn't want Suzi because she had a bunch of fatty tumors. We took her from the kill shelter when she was 7 and we had her until she died at 15. She was a great dog.

we got Lucy because i'm super allergic to dogs & cats, and schnauzers are one of the "hypo-allergenic" (hair not fur) breeds out there, so we had no choice. Well, it was either that or like a Poodle or something. Meh

So yeah, it turns out that I'm so impressed with this breed now, i dont think i'd ever have anything other than a schnauzer!

we got Lucy because i'm super allergic to dogs & cats, and schnauzers are one of the "hypo-allergenic" (hair not fur) breeds out there, so we had no choice. Well, it was either that or like a Poodle or something. Meh

So yeah, it turns out that I'm so impressed with this breed now, i dont think i'd ever have anything other than a schnauzer!

But … your …. AVATAR IS OF THE FELINE PERSUASION! Gotcha!!!

Says pibbur who admits there are subtle differences between his avatar and his cat.

20110626212829.jpg

We rescued her from a kill shelter in Georgia when she was only 8 months only. That was one year ago last week. She's spoiled for sure (my wife is convinced that she comes after the dog. She's probably right), but she deserves it. She's a great dog, very well trained, immensely loving, and ferociously protective of my wife (not sure about me as she views me as the protector). Can't really ask for more.

Is she skittish and afraid, or is she about to eat the camera? I see the ears are back. My money is on #2.

Is she skittish and afraid, or is she about to eat the camera? I see the ears are back. My money is on #2.

She is a bit skittish (particularly on loud noises, which is why we think she got dumped and ended up in a shelter), but yeah, she was about to eat the camera. She eats everything. Her nickname is "Annabelle the Destroyer...of Dog Toys." She can destroy just about any toy in a day. Once she figures it out, if you give her the same toy later, she will destroy it in minutes. She once destroyed a black kong. A BLACK FREAKING KONG!!!!

I finally just stopped buying her toys and go to costco once a month and buy a pack of tube socks. Give her one every couple of days. Much cheaper.

I'm more of a cat person myself.

I always knew there was something wrong about you, Jaz. ;)

I'd post a picture of my dog, except my Android phone+camera bit the dust while I was on vacation. I lost all the photos from that trip and more. :(

I always knew there was something wrong about you, Jaz. ;)

I'd post a picture of my dog, except my Android phone+camera bit the dust while I was on vacation. I lost all the photos from that trip and more. :(

You can always upload your pictures. Android integrates easily with Picasa since Google owns it and you can send pictures there straight from your phone. It works with any Google or gmail account too so you don't need to create a separate account for it. Always good to have a backup.

I used to be more of a cat person but my dogs converted me.

You can always upload your pictures. Android integrates easily with Picasa since Google owns it and you can send pictures there straight from your phone. It works with any Google or gmail account too so you don't need to create a separate account for it. Always good to have a backup.

I learned a hard lesson from this experience. I had my phone set up to only save photos to the internal memory instead of the Micro SD card. I'll never make that mistake again.

I even took it to a place that specializes in fixing water-damaged phones, but they couldn't get it working. They told me of another place that specializes in data retrieval that could probably recover my photos, but said it would likely cost well over $1000.

(I slipped while taking a photo of a sea turtle in ankle-deep water. :rolleyes:)

You know, I would post posthumous pictures of my dog (nothing graphic) but the last time I only mentioned it, with a great deal of pain, all of my posts were deleted and I was banned because some people found it oh so inappropriate for your perfect little worlds, so I don't know what sort of reaction actual pictures would get. So tell me: I had this one dog that I loved and I have his posthumous pictures. Should I post them or should I not?

I'm sure you've figured out the answer to that already.

Wow, nice. I've always wanted one of the larger-than-the-budgie psittacines.

pibbur who'll start negotiations with his cat. And the wife. In that order

Wow, nice. I've always wanted one of the larger-than-the-budgie psittacines.

pibbur who'll start negotiations with his cat. And the wife. In that order

Haha, well at least the cat will love him ;) To be honest it's not a pet i would recommend to anyone, they're intelligent as hell which also means they're extremely demanding. Not comparable to a dog or a cat in any sense, a small kid is a better comparison, only this "kid" never matures.

Back
Top Bottom