Browser RPG - Dakija [On Indiegogo]

fshock

Watcher
Browser RPG - Dakija [Demo online!] [On Indiegogo]

Hello,

I’m solo game developer and I would like to show you my game named “Dakija”.

Dakija demo goes ONLINE! Check it here: http://www.dakija.com

62c2d359f67017e2cf32271249c05e3d853.png

8e91d27682453a385c94931bb15b1984437.jpg

983f324ffbf12301ef87bbb4a6764477318.jpg

df4ad21f2a9df5cc0a0b56fd0124e845357.jpg

2d21867c21af4ca50ed5dd1b246450c7884.jpg

If you are interested in more pictures, you can find them here.

What is Dakija?

Short explanation: Dakija is a browser based fantasy RPG game with a turn-based combat. You got to choose your hero and develop his abilities, skills, spells the way YOU want. Fighter, Magician (Archer or Monk) – it’s up to you what you want to become. Will you be the hero that legends talk about? Will you be the hero who brings back the piece to this planet, called Dakija? We will see! Currently there are 200+ skills to choose from that can be reached by adding points into balancers every level. Also 100+ spells for spellcasters! Not only offensive spells, but many buffs and curses for more tactical choices. For building your hero you have wide variety of equipments to choose from: 400+ weapons and 200+ armors of different types!

Story Explanation: You should have born in the lands with great history and achievements. The land of superior technology and evolved higher conscious beings. However… the evil has hidden dark in the undergrounds and decided to destroy this planet! The enormous explosion in the volcano lying beneath the ground changed the picture of the planet. Disaster, as a word, was too small to describe the situation. Chaos, confusion and pure evil creatures had spread in the world… You are the one, with an ancient power within. You are here to end this chaos! Unleash the powers within you by gaining knowledge about yourself and once and for all – destroy evil!

What the game will be like?

• Equal to everybody. You don't have to buy premium stuff to be the best!
• Simple game at the start, but goes deeper and deeper when you’re playing.
• Turn-based combat with many tactical choices and a field to do so!
• Control more than one character in battle field for more tactical choices.
• Different mercenaries and NPCs will fight together with you. Choose a perfect team for the best synergies!
• Lots of choices for building your hero.
• Lots of items to choose from. No to one-best-way-build.
• Multi-way to completing quests, challenging and different ones!
• Game with a deeper value, the knowledge from never dying truth from the books.
• Game is not limited to only fighting and doing quests!
• Never ending development so you can play and play and.. play!

What makes Dakija unique?

My experience in many different games, my fantasy, my passion for RPGs. I bet you think that there are lot of like me? Would you drop everything just to reach your dream? Or do all it takes to reach your dream? I bet not many can do that, but I want it bad! I will be the game creator and my game will be brilliant! A non-stop evolving epic RPG browser game with a turn-based combat!
Furthermore, if I like playing my game with never-stopping-need for gaining more, why others shouldn’t like this game? I think you will, especially if you like turn-based combat, lots of different ways to build your hero and challenging quests!

What do I’m asking?

As a solo (indie) developer I’m seeking community’s help to make this development process faster and better. If project gets funded – designer and writer joins development for even greater RPG experience for you! It’s a game made by gamer for gamers!

Support here: Dakija RPG indiegogo campaign page

Last edited:
Honesly, I’m seeking for the answers, the project just doesn’t move forward, what I’m doing wrong? Maybe you know? This is my dream and, I guess, I fail to transmit it to others. I’ve been working all my free time on this game for almost two years, but now it’s just isn’t moving! Do you know how I could improve? Please tell me that, positive or negative, it can be the searched answer.

Honesly, I’m seeking for the answers, the project just doesn’t move forward, what I’m doing wrong? Maybe you know? This is my dream and, I guess, I fail to transmit it to others. I’ve been working all my free time on this game for almost two years, but now it’s just isn’t moving! Do you know how I could improve? Please tell me that, positive or negative, it can be the searched answer.
Hi I find your game interesting but I like many other people on watch I already backed dozen or more projects and most of them where in last few months I am seriously out of money.There are still lot more projects that I would like to back(at least 5 atm) but I simply can't there are also holidays coming so people are saving for those too and from what I gather from comments here lot of people are in similar situation so there might not be problem with your game/approach at all at.
Also maybe minor thing I can't really say but there people that simply stop reading after browser based.Also peronaly I dislike flexible funding and it would be hard for me to back game that uses that kind of system+RPS don't cover games that use flexible funding system so there are lot of people that find out about games that way.

Simply put, the word " Browser " is a big turn-off for most of the gamers, especially those who participate in kickstarting business. It doesn't matter how high is the quality, it's something most of the serious gamers don't have any interest in. Also those people who play browser games, play them because they're free and easy come easy go kind of experience. Now you are asking for money for a browser game that isn't even out yet. That's quite a big paradox.
Although you have done a great job explaining all about your project in its indegogo page and since 1000$ is not a lot of money (you can even loan it from a relative or a friend if this doesn't work out) you can get it when more people are aware of your project.

First off, I respect anyone who has enough dedication to try and create a full-fledged RPG, so kudos to you, fshock!

That said, it's clear this project has problems. Well, one problem is: Indiegogo is not Kickstarter, it's fundamentally less popular. I haven't seen a single RPG that has done well there. One reason in the flexible funding - default at indiegogo. The funding limit ensures that I as a backer know that I only give my money once the project has enough funds to have a reasonable chance to succeed. Since you are probably stuck with Indigogo because of nationality, I'd advise to at least switch to a Fixed Funding scheme to inspire confidence.

Another problem, unfortunately, is language. Your pitch, as well as your post here, is full of spelling and grammar mistakes. I am no grammar Nazi, but it does not inspire confidence that the writing in the game will be sufficiently polished that I could enjoy it. My advice is to get a native speaker to proofread for you.

Third, I agree with the others with a browser game I would recommend a different route than crowdfunding. I'd suggest to simply make the content episodic, provide a free "demo" or first chapter, and then charge (little) for additional episodes. The current pride points thing is another turnoff for me - sounds like a typical pay to win scheme, I hate that.

Fourth what you say here:
I’m the programmer, ideas generator and so on, but I’m weak at designing. It takes crap load of time to design anything to me. So I’would like to improve current game looks by buying some professional of semi-pro graphics.

Second, there is a thing, called server – the better he is the faster the game goes, even when many players are online.

Furthermore, I could use the help of a good fantasy writer to enchant my texts and stories in the game, so it would look like world-class novel.
Really doesn't inspire confidence in the game.

Fifth, as an unknown you should build some awareness before you go for crowdfunding. Finish a demo and post it here and on all other RPG sites you know. Build up a bit of street cred. If you can convince a few 100 people that you are creating something interesting, you'll get enough funding to continue.

You are making a MMORPG, not an RPG. These are completely different things. With cRPG you provide a downloadable product. With MMORPG you provide a service. Crowdfunding of MMORPG does not make much sense (why would you need it for?) You don't need one time influx of cash, you need a constant flow of cash (you will be paying $50-$100 per month for the server alone, minimum). $1000 is not even enough to keep such game online for one year...

The standard route for this kind of game is to get a cheap shared host and launch it BEFORE it's finished and polished. Then let those who play it sponsor it.

Hi,

Apologies for being abrupt here.

1. I'm not clear on the vision. You call it an "RPG" but later you mention PvP etc - is this really an MMO? Browser-based MMOs are a dime-a-dozen.

2. Personally, content is more important than game systems. I know others will have a different view but the quest design, dialogue, characters, choices, factions etc are critical to me. You don't have that, by your own admission. I'd suggest you find a like-minded designer to join you first.

3. Indiegogo -I won't pledge to "flexible" campaigns

4. $1000 is not enough to achieve anything credible.

Best of luck with the future.

Dakija demo goes ONLINE! Check it here: http://www.dakija.com

1. I'm not clear on the vision. You call it an "RPG" but later you mention PvP etc - is this really an MMO? Browser-based MMOs are a dime-a-dozen.
I'm still not sure with this. MMO is massively played, though, first, my game is for people who likes turn-based combat (not many of there are around).

2. Personally, content is more important than game systems. I know others will have a different view but the quest design, dialogue, characters, choices, factions etc are critical to me. You don't have that, by your own admission. I'd suggest you find a like-minded designer to join you first.
I've already started searching for designer-co-founder :) Currently talking with one, becouse I need to see how good he's at fantasy drawing.

3. Indiegogo -I won't pledge to "flexible" campaigns
It's up to you. Though, my next campaign would be fixed for sure..

4. $1000 is not enough to achieve anything credible.
$1000 is not even enough to keep such game online for one year…

That's not my main goal. 1000 is to unsure low fee's from indiegogo. My real goal is around 4000$.

You are making a MMORPG, not an RPG. .

Well, I could argue on this one.

Description in Wikipedia
Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) is a genre of role-playing video games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual game world.

As in all RPGs, players assume the role of a character (often in a fantasy world) and take control over many of that character's actions. MMORPGs are distinguished from single-player or small multi-player online RPGs by the number of players, and by the game's persistent world (usually hosted by the game's publisher), which continues to exist and evolve while the player is offline and away from the game.

My game is for small group of players (turn-based combat likers), it can be played as a single player online. Also when party travelling will be introduced that's going to be for up to 5 players, so small multi-player online RPG. Still, I'm not convinced fully to say this game is trully MMORPG :)

My big stop was English. Until you get someone who can type credible English, I have no interest. I read about 3 sentences and that was enough.

Well I love noncredible english.
But I can't see me supporting any kind of MMOs. So there. :)

My big stop was English. Until you get someone who can type credible English, I have no interest. I read about 3 sentences and that was enough.

I can't afford a good writer right now, but I'm going to do that before #3 alpha testing if I succeed in indiegogo ^_^

Oh yaaa, guess what happened? I found a writer! Hurrey! And best things happens when you aren't searching for them.. :) Check out indiegogo campaign's story and gameplay - what do you think about the style?

(Other sections are being renewed now)

Back
Top Bottom