Age of Decadence - Which areas should be improved?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Vince has been sifting through the Public Beta feedback for The Age of Decadence and has found five common complaints (leaving aside the positives) and has asked for further feedback. If you'd like to contribute, head to this thread on the Iron Tower forums:

• Combat difficulty
  • Exploration
  • Few choices within a path
  • Min-maxing (uneven skills/stats)
  • Metagaming required to pass quests
So, we've finally released the demo and there was much, um, rejoicing. It looks like there are 5 main complaints (listed above).

Now, we're already tweaking and adding some things (more on that later), but we'd like to know what you think and, most importantly, what should be done to improve the design in these areas.

So, first, vote for what bothers you the most (even if you like everything about the game, there should be something you like the least). Second, post your thoughts on each area that you feel should be improved (you can add more) and list suggested improvements or ways to fix it.

It goes without saying that we won't be able to fix everything and that some suggestions may go against the existing design and personal preferences, but let's give it a try and see what happens.
Thanks, GhanBuriGhan!
More information.

He should also make sure everyone tells him the one thing they liked the most. So they don't bork the best parts trying to fix the worst...

Reading the thread it looks like there is some consensus is that the world isn't done yet in that it needs more incentive/reward for exploration. So maybe we'll see it this late autumn at the earliest, otherwise 2013. No problem. I cant see it going into 2014 but.....

I was shocked when I had the option of "Praetor" and the short quest I managed to get off the start played out exactly how I play my favourite character in my my old mmog..mainly full of pauses..and loaded statements. Plus a lot of backstabbing and political games. Shocking to see in a cRPG this kind of depth.

my only problem with it so far is its not the free camera VD promised me on our boards. There's about 20-30% vertical movement. this annoys me to no end and I will create an account mention it. Hopefully I can be heard above the din.

aside from that this is going to be a remarkable game methinks.

I was shocked when I had the option of "Praetor" and the short quest I managed to get off the start played out exactly how I play my favourite character in my my old mmog..mainly full of pauses..and loaded statements. Plus a lot of backstabbing and political games. Shocking to see in a cRPG this kind of depth.

my only problem with it so far is its not the free camera VD promised me on our boards. There's about 20-30% vertical movement. this annoys me to no end and I will create an account mention it. Hopefully I can be heard above the din.

aside from that this is going to be a remarkable game methinks.

In the beta versions there was a free camera test mode toggle - but it was difficult to control, and of course allowed you to zoom yourself into the void and into all kinds of ugly angles. But maybe the vertical angle can be adjusted.

The camera is definitely a weak point imo. I got used to it after a short while, but I've seen a lot of people claim it was too disorienting for them. Showing where your character is when you look at the map would go a long way in helping with that.

I'd also like it if they implemented line of site in regards to npcs. You shouldn't be able to see npcs just by scrolling across the map, imo.

The camera is definitely a weak point imo. I got used to it after a short while, but I've seen a lot of people claim it was too disorienting for them. Showing where your character is when you look at the map would go a long way in helping with that.

I'd also like it if they implemented line of site in regards to npcs. You shouldn't be able to see npcs just by scrolling across the map, imo.

I was looking forward to this game, but the camera is really awful. For me the game has gone from a certain buy to a "let's see" (if the fix it).

This was of course requested in the closed beta as well, but apparently it is difficult to do.
Apparently they are planning a toggle to have a chase camera in addition to the current free camera.

Back
Top Bottom